R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_castano View Post
One major difference with the old Mugen is the weight.

Everyone talks about the weight difference of these cars and how the 8ight and other newer designs are so much lighter etc. I have both the MBX5R and 8ight. Weighed both rolling chassis's on a digital scale (no wheels, engine, radio, body or wing) Wanna take a guess what the difference was?

The Mugen was 3 ounces heavier. That's it.
Cannondale1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #17
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
I'm looking at putting the Losi Stable and Easy to Drive setup on my 8ight 1.0 as I am having a lot of trouble getting it stable to where I want. Is this a good starting point?
Chris I might be reading it wrong but it looks like you did not list your set up.
hacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:12 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker1 View Post
Chris I might be reading it wrong but it looks like you did not list your set up.
When I got the buggy it had the drake setup from the neo race (neo06) which is like his neo08 setup. Then I changed a few things. Went to 551 in diffs, 40F 30R in shocks, moved shock to outside hole on arm, 0 toe, -1 camber all around. I am an offpower steerer and I like to drive smooth with lots of traction at hand and to always feel confortable driving my car, which isnt happening now.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
When I got the buggy it had the drake setup from the neo race (neo06) which is like his neo08 setup. Then I changed a few things. Went to 551 in diffs, 40F 30R in shocks, moved shock to outside hole on arm, 0 toe, -1 camber all around. I am an offpower steerer and I like to drive smooth with lots of traction at hand and to always feel confortable driving my car, which isnt happening now.
Set to exactly to the Drake Neo '08 set-up and add anti-squat to +4 degrees. That will increase off power steering and help with on-power traction. Its a balance thing with handling. This is how my car has been set-up for the last couple months and am doing very well.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #20
Tech Champion

Chris-RC

On my 1.0 I personally like the basic "Easy to Drive" setup from Losi. A few changes were made to suit my driving style better. But it was close to that.

With my 2.0 the setup is basically stock with maybe ride height and camber angle being slightly different. The 2.0 car is really good for me.

Just remember to practice, practice, practice.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed View Post
Set to exactly to the Drake Neo '08 set-up and add anti-squat to +4 degrees. That will increase off power steering and help with on-power traction. Its a balance thing with handling. This is how my car has been set-up for the last couple months and am doing very well.
I tried that setup and it had way too much steering and didn't have the stability I wanted. Right now my rear plate is 3/3 and I also have a 3/2anti plate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Chris-RC

On my 1.0 I personally like the basic "Easy to Drive" setup from Losi. A few changes were made to suit my driving style better. But it was close to that. Also, I've seen your race results and you are in intermediate right? I'm still near the middle/bottom of sportsman.

With my 2.0 the setup is basically stock with maybe ride height and camber angle being slightly different. The 2.0 car is really good for me.

Just remember to practice, practice, practice.
Great, I will try that setup then. I have a couple gallons on the car so I'm getting better, I just felt I was at a point where it just didn't feel right and I couldn't go a lap without crashing sometimes.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

great info guys, just got a 1.0 buggy and racing it sunday. Kinda wish I had ran it a few times for some breakin time now after readng this thread.
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Also keep those rear inner/outer hinge pins clean. For some reason they get dirty quick.

Check the camber rods and steering links for binding/tightness. If so just use a pair of pliers to squeeze the plastic ends SLIGHTLY till the binding goes away.
Click on the pictrue to enlarge.
Attached Thumbnails
Losi 2.0 buggy help-losi-rod-end-squeeze.jpg  

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote