R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default HPI Nitro MT wheel wobble, even with a new hex

I just picked up a used HPI Nitro MT. It was very cared for and looks like it wasn't abused. I've used it for a week and haven't had any problems, besides a stripped spur gear. Yesterday it began accelerating very slowly, and only with the front wheels engaging. I noticed that the right rear hex was stripped and spinning within the wheel, so only the front wheels were accelerating the truck.

I replaced the hex, inspected the wheel and axle (MIP hardened CVD), and put it back together. The wheel now wobbles a bit. I took it apart, checked everything, and reassembled it again. Still wobbling. Everything is seated, I can see the hub completely flush with the hole in the wheel, and pin is inside the hex.

There doesn't seem to be excessive play or anything. The truck has aluminum hub carriers, aluminum a-arms, the MIP CVD's, new bearings, the new hex, and the MT2 wheels. Everything looks fine.

Am I missing something? There is a washer covering the bearing, then the 2x10mm pin, then the hex, then the wheel, then the nut. I don't think there is any missing parts.

I guess my next step will be to swap parts from side to side to see what causes the wobble...
JGood325 is offline   Reply With Quote