Wiki Posts
Search

Losi truggy 2.0 0 offset wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default Losi truggy 2.0 0 offset wheels

I understand why they have the 0 offset. Because they made the truggy wider. I guess my question is whats the difference in running the 1/2 offsets on the 2.0? Have anybody tried it? Will it mess something up in the long/short run?
Old 06-07-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikesd1980
I understand why they have the 0 offset. Because they made the truggy wider. I guess my question is whats the difference in running the 1/2 offsets on the 2.0? Have anybody tried it? Will it mess something up in the long/short run?
You can try small hub extenders but half offsets change the geometry. The reason other manufactures use half offsets and hub extenders is based on the fact they have not been able to make the arms long enough to be reliable. Losi figured it out but they have to be so thick that the wheels hit on occasion but they work. For the best handling in all conditions, a 0 offset puts the chassis weight on the center/outside part of the tire, allows for minimum camber gain as the tire moves up and down and reduces bump steer to a minimum. That is why this truck steers and accel. through bumps better than any other chassis out there. If it goes through bumps better, it will tear the shreds out of a smooth track. The 0 offset wheels and no hub extenders is the sole reason I chose this truck. I like tinkering and finding ways to go faster with any car I own but with this truck, 0 offset and long arms are what sets it apart from the rest and is the only reason I tolerate the other weeknesses on the truck. Just my opinion.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

According to the specs on Losi site, the cars are exactly the same width - being 415.9mm.

I've seen people using 1.0 wheels on a 2.0 and think it will work on high grip tracks, but on loose surfaces, I think it will hamper the handling.

I tried extended hex's on my car, and it reduced traction, so would of thought the same principle would be the same for the rims.

I can only see the rear outer wheel bearing issue being exaggerated by the use of the half offset rims.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by plod
According to the specs on Losi site, the cars are exactly the same width - being 415.9mm.

I've seen people using 1.0 wheels on a 2.0 and think it will work on high grip tracks, but on loose surfaces, I think it will hamper the handling.

I tried extended hex's on my car, and it reduced traction, so would of thought the same principle would be the same for the rims.

I can only see the rear outer wheel bearing issue being exaggerated by the use of the half offset rims.

FYI zero off wheels are more abusive on bearing's as apposed to 1/2 off...you got it backwards.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra
FYI zero off wheels are more abusive on bearing's as apposed to 1/2 off...you got it backwards.
yep
Old 06-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Thanks for the input. I love the way the truck the handles, accelerate and drive period thats why I chose it. I will just stick with the 0 offsets and call it a day.