Wiki Posts
Search

flywheel grooves

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default flywheel grooves

Ran in the light rain at a track today and must have picked up a stone or something that smoothed out the grooves on the outside of my flywheel. My engine has plenty of pinch being only two gallons old and starting it in the cold weather was difficult with a smoother flywheel.

Can I just file in some new grooves or other suggestions?

I will get a new flywheel this week sometime but am racing more tomorrow I hope.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marccaracer
Ran in the light rain at a track today and must have picked up a stone or something that smoothed out the grooves on the outside of my flywheel. My engine has plenty of pinch being only two gallons old and starting it in the cold weather was difficult with a smoother flywheel.

I will get a new flywheel this week sometime but am racing more tomorrow I hope.

jeff,

it should be ok for a day or so...

when you get a new one, get the steal losi flywheel...it makes the car idle better, and smooths out the power band

btw, nice job the the drunk kid...
Old 06-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

just heat the engine up jeff
Old 06-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Electricity was an issue yesterday where we raced. Very limited availability and that was interupted with rain on and off. Heat gun would have blown fuses for sure. Should have juice for the heat gun today Monty.

No problems with idle so might stick with the aluminum one for now pending further research on the steel one.

I have had a little bit of "emergency" type training stuff due to me working for the City of Baraboo. Usually it comes down to someone just taking charge and doing a few common sense things. Everybody needs help at some time. I urge everyone to take a CPR and first aid class. Hope young Brandon is feeling better today.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

My son (Kendall) came home from the Reedsburg Rumble saying some kid collapsed at there trailer.

Rex
Old 06-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Electricity was an issue yesterday where we raced. Very limited availability and that was interupted with rain on and off. Heat gun would have blown fuses for sure. Should have juice for the heat gun today Monty.

No problems with idle so might stick with the aluminum one for now pending further research on the steel one.

I have had a little bit of "emergency" type training stuff due to me working for the City of Baraboo. Usually it comes down to someone just taking charge and doing a few common sense things. Everybody needs help at some time. I urge everyone to take a CPR and first aid class. Hope young Brandon is feeling better today.
i have some training in "emergency" stuff also...

the steal flywheel has been used by losi drivers for more than a year...at least for buggy, not many use the alum...

hello rex, sorry you couldnt make it yesterday