R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to fullout

While reading through the manual of my os vspec, i noticed that it recommends to go through the whole break in process again if switching fuels.
fullout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Ummm... Remember the Nitromethane shortage? That's because the plants that made it were shut down for the Olympics... in CHINA, where it is produced.

Yes, the fuels may be blended here, but I seriously doubt they are producing their own nitromethane.

And FYI, Nitro Juice is "Made in the USA" (but the nitro still comes from China, just like the rest of it.) Each and every batch is personally blended by Mike Battaile.

(but yes, to answer the origina question, Byrons is good fuel, you'll be fine...)
that's kind of funny as I never had a problem getting Byrons during the "shortage" and the price didn't change at my LHS (well not too much, still only $28)
Do some research on the way Byrons fuel is blended, this is no backyard operation, their fuel is not "personally blended" by anyone, it is a computer controlled process to be sure that every batch is the same, the nitro is stored in sealed silos and the "air" space is filled with nitrogen to keep the moisture out. Byrons is the best fuel I've ever run and I've used alot of different fuels. And no I'm not payed by them.
to answer the question; normally with Byrons you can expect to have to lean out your motor so start with your current settings and run a tank, checking to make sure you have plenty of smoke out the pipe, run 1/2 to 3/4 throttle blips for one tank then tune for performance and go.
RC10 gt2
SC10
backyardracer is offline   Reply With Quote