R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down losi 8ight carriers???

i just bought a new pair of trinity rear hub carriers and a pair of losi front spindle carriers for my 8ight. and they dont seem to fit right. you see the way the turnbuckle attaches seems like there should be a slot in the carrrier and the turnbuckle goes in it. and then you screw through the carrier into and through the hole in the endcap of the turnbuckle and then back through there carrier agien, then put a nut on the end. that would give full suspention travel. well thats not the way it is. both the losi and the trinity carriers dont have a slot they have a hole on top of the carrier and i guess you screw through the hole in the endcap on the ends of the turnbuckles and then into the threaded hole on the carrier. well this gives you no suspention travel and id bet you would break off a endcap or worse break a turnbuckle. what i need to know now is this. are certain parts that say they fit the 8ight or 8ight-t basically designed for the roller and kit models. cause i have an 8ight 1.0 rtr and most of the hop-ups i get fit fine up until now. please inform me if im overlooking somthing or what i may need to purchase to make these carriers attach, fit, and work right. thanx, clay unruh
1cougar1 is offline   Reply With Quote