R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default ACER BEARINGS TERRIBLE SUPPORT

Just wanted someplace to Rant and find out if anyone else is having problems with ACER bearings. I bought 2 sets of ceramics for my MP9's. Then I bought some 5x10 Pro series ceramic clutch bearings from them. I ran 3 heats and a 30 min main with my buggy and upon tear down to clean and inspect, I noticed my clutch bell was loose. I pulled it off and one of the 8.00 bearings is shot! Didn't fall apart yet, but the center wobbles all over the place. Also noticed the hub bearing on the buggy are noisy and feel rough. Just need cleaning I'm sure. Although they say they are maintenance free. Anyways, I tried to contact them about the clutch bearing that went bad. Their website says to send an email first since they have fast response times. Well I emailed them several times for the last 2 weeks. No reply. Then I call their number and they have a recording saying they are no longer taking phone calls and to email them! WTF kind of business is that? Acer has lost this customer. I will try BOCA next time and hopefully have better results. Anybody else have issues with ACER?
2fst2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

Panther bearings all the way, they are only a $1. So if one goes bad just throw it out and pop a new one in.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

Forgot to say, yes I had problems with them too. When they go bad they also get really load!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
Tech Master

Ya I know I can get avids for 1.00. But I don't dare run them more than 1 day. My object was to find some Good Ceramics that would hopefully last a season or 1/2 a season. If I'm going to throw 1.00 bearings in every race day, that ads up in no time. Thanks for the info on the Panthers. How they holding up?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #5
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I have been using the Answer RC bearings and they are pretty sweet also
Old 06-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #6
Tech Master

Panthers hold up very well, I haven't thrown one away yet this season. Clutch bearings are different though. I race at least two outings a week, so I rebuild my car every week and replace the clutch bearings every week too. I put a total of 2 hours or so of race time and practice time on my car a week. So I get my mileage out of them.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)

TKO good stuff. Call Peter Martin

909-256-4064
peter.tko@gmail.com
Old 06-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

i have ran 6 race days with the acer bearings have found each time
i go to clean them one or more are froze up or chunky they where
great the first time out for $90 and all the time i spend cleaning them
it is not worth it from now on it's avids all the way on cleaning just
replace them lunch at the track costs more than a set of bearings
at $1.00ea well not quite but you get my point
cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #9
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronMunchausen View Post
TKO good stuff. Call Peter Martin

909-256-4064
peter.tko@gmail.com
Yes He messaged me and I think I'll be dealing with him next.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst2c View Post
Ya I know I can get avids for 1.00. But I don't dare run them more than 1 day. My object was to find some Good Ceramics that would hopefully last a season or 1/2 a season. If I'm going to throw 1.00 bearings in every race day, that ads up in no time. Thanks for the info on the Panthers. How they holding up?
Holy cow! 1 day? I get half a season or more out of Avids. Are you using the "Revolutions?" And are you installing them with the rubber side out? (i.e. outer wheel bearing rubber faces the wheel, inner wheel bearing rubber faces the CVA, diffs facing the outdrives, etc?)

TKO has good response to inquiries, as does Ready Rollers... you might look into either of those if you absolutely MUST have ceramics on your chassis bearings. I personally don't see the need for them. I put ceramics in my motors, that's it.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
Tech Master

Yup yellow side out. Blew the clutch bell right off the end of the motor when the bearing went. But I actually had some practice time + a days racing on them. Which is better than the ACER Bearings, and 7.00 a pop cheaper! Like I said, I just want a bearing that will last atleast 1/2 a season. Don't care what it is or what it's made of. But sounds like I may be stuck with changing them every race.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #12
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

tko bearings , peter is a cool guy and the products are great !!!!!

http://www.tkocompetitiondev.com/

tell him monty sent ya

he might give you a little deal but his prices are already low

low
low
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #13
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

when you blow up clutch bearing's its rarely the bearing's fault...either you are creating too much heat/slip with the clutch stall you smoke the grease out of the bearing's and they have no choice but to fail...granted some bearing's are better then other's...but set-up plays a Large factor in how long your clutch bearing's will last.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #14
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
when you blow up clutch bearing's its rarely the bearing's fault...either you are creating too much heat/slip with the clutch stall you smoke the grease out of the bearing's and they have no choice but to fail...granted some bearing's are better then other's...but set-up plays a Large factor in how long your clutch bearing's will last.
+1 I change my clutch bearing roughly every gallon or so. Most of the guys I race with change them every race, which I think is crazy. Another thing is I have never tried ceramic bearings. To much cash for me when I can get panther, avid, or ready rollers for a dollar a piece and they last a good while
Old 06-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #15
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
+1 I change my clutch bearing roughly every gallon or so. Most of the guys I race with change them every race, which I think is crazy. Another thing is I have never tried ceramic bearings. To much cash for me when I can get panther, avid, or ready rollers for a dollar a piece and they last a good while

your at the stage where some ceramics in certain place's would be beneficial imo...ive been running the same inside clutch bearing's in both my losi's for over a gallon now and after every race i clean them and lube them and they go another weekend with out issue....the problem is when guys have the clutch set-up way off and No matter what bearing it is it WiLL self destruct and they blame it on the bearing...but there are exceptions.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote