Wiki Posts
Search

which tire glue

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)
Default which tire glue

Ive been using losi "standard" but it hasn't worked very well - I dont know maybe the glue went bad. I always sand the wheel and tire and wash everything with acetone and denatured alcohol.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

1 word. Premounts
Old 05-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

glue can 100% go bad....you really should keep it in the fridge in a zip loc of some sort......for Glue i have been using AKA with awesome results....it seems to be imo the best glue on the market and ive tried my fair share of them out there.

and yes the bottle is only meant to come 1/2 full as you will never use a full bottle in time before it goes bad unless you store it in the fridge.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

yeah im thinking premounts form now on. Ill try the glue in the fridge. Thats probabyl been my problem - ive had my glue for a while
Old 05-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

AKA premounts are where it's at! I just started running the premounts and I've got 3 full sets. Not one tire is out of balance! Their foams are stiff so you have to set your car up a little softer to compensate, but they also don't shift on the rim and they feel the same everytime out. They're VERY consistant.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

+1or2 on the AKA premounts just made the switch over form pro-line
the balance is spot on i seam to like them a lot more and
no more gluing them up
Old 05-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

how are the losi pre mounts?
Old 05-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

on ANY premount you get run a thin bead of glue on the outside between rim and tire and let it dry before you even think about runnin them and they will never come off
Old 05-25-2009, 01:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
on ANY premount you get run a thin bead of glue on the outside between rim and tire and let it dry before you even think about runnin them and they will never come off
AKA premounts already have that bead.......I just got 4 sets and they are DIALED

As for tire glue seperately, AKA or Lucky7
Old 05-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
doing this leads to to a chunky bead when it comes time to reglue the small area's that do lift...as its alot harder to clean a cracked up chunky bead then it is a smooth tire/rim bead.....i used to use the thin bead trick but found it more hassle then it did good....all i do now is fill the gap and wipe the excess away with a cloth.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

losi glue has not worked for me at all, i thought i was a horrible gluer until i tried the great planes thin and fusion thin, my tires do not come off. i ruined about 4 sets of tirs using losi glue, then between heats having to reglue, clean and reglue, it got old quick. from my experience losi glue is junk.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have been using the Racers Edge FUSION glue for quite some time now. I have just recently switched over to the O'Donnell brand glue. It is very thin and seems to be working just as well if not better than the FUSION. As with any glue, tire prep is key. I also refrigerate all glue when not in use.

ODOR3000 is the part number.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I'm going crazy as of late trying to keep tires on the rims, I have tries all sorts of different prep methods over the years, but in the last few months I have been having lots of problems no matter what prep I do, I was using losi thin and regular, then switched to aka glue, and it's the same result, I'm thinking of using fusion through the aka/losi bottle, I used fusion once before and found it to be to thin to handle, what is working for you guys?
Old 05-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

The key to glue is freshness. My glue is produced in the USA on a daily basis and stored cold till shipping to assure the freshest High Quality Tire Glue available.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

imo aka premounts are good but thier glue has been having issues seen alot of them coming loose i use losi red glue have had good luck with it i wipe tire and rims with acetone then glue them up using alot of glue to point where have to whipe off all the excess. also never use the glue bottle more then once so i wait until i have several sets of tires to glue then do them all at once with fresh bottle of glue what ever i dont use gets thrown in the super glue drawer for my wife. i havnt had a tire unglue in a long time. oh yeah i have buddy making a tire gluing rig for buggy tires that is off the hook as soon as mine gets to me will post the pics and prices on snatching one up 4 your self

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.