R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #16
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,202
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Imo my Makita is Way to big for 99% of the jobs i use it for....buddy has a Hitachi that makes my makita look and feel like a TANK....it does all the jobs mine does has the light and all...but is 1/5 the weight..comes with 2 batteries and a charger......if your buying a 100% RC specific driver this is what i would go with.

http://www.hitachipowertools.com/sto...th=1,2,19,p674,
80% RC and 20% others. i do minor wood work here and there i can use the makita set for. but i do see your point. i'll see if home depot have both models so i can see them first hand.
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #17
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,499
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Imo my Makita is Way to big for 99% of the jobs i use it for....buddy has a Hitachi that makes my makita look and feel like a TANK....it does all the jobs mine does has the light and all...but is 1/5 the weight..comes with 2 batteries and a charger......if your buying a 100% RC specific driver this is what i would go with.

http://www.hitachipowertools.com/sto...th=1,2,19,p674,
+1 on the Hitachi. I have had this tool for about 4 months and II love it. I can tear down my 8ight in about 10 mins (engine, radio tray front and rear diff cases, center diff and gas tank.) It comes with a cary case, its small, the clutch is adjustable to 14 or 18 positions, comes with 2 batteries and the battery charges in less than 30 mins. MIP tips are the best, EDS tips are not bad but a very tight fit. Amazon has them for under 60 bucks. More power than 3.6 is overkill in RC.

Heres the link to amazon CLICK HERE
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #18
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,202
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
+1 on the Hitachi. I have had this tool for about 4 months and II love it. I can tear down my 8ight in about 10 mins (engine, radio tray front and rear diff cases, center diff and gas tank.) It comes with a cary case, its small, the clutch is adjustable to 14 or 18 positions, comes with 2 batteries and the battery charges in less than 30 mins. MIP tips are the best, EDS tips are not bad but a very tight fit. Amazon has them for under 60 bucks. More power than 3.6 is overkill in RC.

Heres the link to amazon CLICK HERE
okay, u guys are making this VERY difficult for me.... hmmm.... maybe i should just buy BOTH j/k... okay, let me think so more... i really do want the makita, but now u guys have me thinking it's too big...
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #19
Tech Adept
 
jcosta78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

does anybody have any links to where i can find the MIP or other brands of tips?
jcosta78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #20
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
okay, u guys are making this VERY difficult for me.... hmmm.... maybe i should just buy BOTH j/k... okay, let me think so more... i really do want the makita, but now u guys have me thinking it's too big...


3.6 compared to a 10.2....the makita's are big in comparison...like i said if i had my choice i would go with the Hitachi...but now that your saying you might do some wood work with it...i dunno its up to you..i would prefer to have a specific drill for each task ..... i will eventually pick myself up a hitachi.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #21
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hayward CA
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I got the 12v drill and impact kit from Ridgid from home depot for $179., After doing some research, most contractors and workers recommend Milwakee or Ridgid over any other power tools, as far as drills go.

makita while it's reliable, was not recommended due to it's unwarranted high price.

I use my impact for home and RC, it's light and does not over turn, unlike all electric screw drivers where momentum turns the screw a bit further after i have release the button,

I use the impact to drive most of the screw in then finish with hand screw,

I rarely use the drill as the Ridgid is very precise, and the LI-ion charges in 30min to 1 hour.
devilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #22
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcosta78 View Post
does anybody have any links to where i can find the MIP or other brands of tips?


http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2831

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2832

i have never seen a MIP set like these.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #23
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,202
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilchrist View Post
I got the 12v drill and impact kit from Ridgid from home depot for $179., After doing some research, most contractors and workers recommend Milwakee or Ridgid over any other power tools, as far as drills go.

makita while it's reliable, was not recommended due to it's unwarranted high price.

I use my impact for home and RC, it's light and does not over turn, unlike all electric screw drivers where momentum turns the screw a bit further after i have release the button,

I use the impact to drive most of the screw in then finish with hand screw,

I rarely use the drill as the Ridgid is very precise, and the LI-ion charges in 30min to 1 hour.
the two makita combo kit is a total of $150 shipped. that includes TWO drivers, each around $120 each. i think it's a good combo. it looks small enough to do the job, yet i can use it for other applications. that's my thinking on this...
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #24
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hayward CA
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

you sure Ofna's are MIP's? that's way too cheap to be MIP.

MIP speed tips are usually 13-15 bucks a piece
devilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #25
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,202
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

mip tips

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...MIP+speed+tips
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #26
Tech Elite
 
jpalessi's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,747
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi
Default

The timing on this thread was perfect for me.. I'll be going for the Makita.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrhZ6nWjx90
__________________
Joe Alessi
www.Lucky7RC.com
jpalessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #27
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

i Still like the hitachi over the makita.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #28
Tech Elite
 
jpalessi's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,747
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
i Still like the hitachi over the makita.
they are both nice, i just don't like the pivot in the Hitachi plus the Makita has way more Power, RPM, and can be used for larger projects. I'd rather have more power and set the clutch then have a less power a and beat the balls off it..
__________________
Joe Alessi
www.Lucky7RC.com
jpalessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #29
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
they are both nice, i just don't like the pivot in the Hitachi plus the Makita has way more Power, RPM, and can be used for larger projects. I'd rather have more power and set the clutch then have a less power a and beat the balls off it..

good point.....but isnt that what warranties are for.


the 1 thing that get's me is the weight....they are ALOT heavier.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #30
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,202
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
The timing on this thread was perfect for me.. I'll be going for the Makita.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrhZ6nWjx90
let me know how much u get it for?

thx
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:38 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net