Wiki Posts
Search

can't decide...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default can't decide...

I have narrowed my new purchase down to the losi 8ight rtr or the losi 8ight T rtr... i want something good for bashing around but at the same time im new to the hobby and eventually want to get into racing, any input would be appreciated
Old 05-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

Both are excellent choices, but what it may come down to is MONEY.

Truggies tend to be more money for parts, especially for rims and tires.

Buggies tend to be more nimble on their feet as opposed to a truggy.

Both are durable, fast and highly tunable. Both will have lots of parts available at most local hobby stores (LHS). You will notice that its much cheaper to buy your parts online, but you will have to wait for it to be delivered. Its nice to support your LHS, but I find it difficult to at times because I get way more bang for my buck shopping online.

Both have classes for racing that are equally popular.

You have a tough choice. I like both but in the end, I chose a buggy.

Im still looking to burn a paycheck or two on a truggy....they just so damn sexy too.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Galeleo
Both are excellent choices, but what it may come down to is MONEY.

Truggies tend to be more money for parts, especially for rims and tires.

Buggies tend to be more nimble on their feet as opposed to a truggy.

Both are durable, fast and highly tunable. Both will have lots of parts available at most local hardware stores (LHS). You will notice that its much cheaper to buy your parts online, but you will have to wait for it to be delivered. Its nice to support your LHS, but I find it difficult to at times because I get way more bang for my buck shopping online.

Both have classes for racing that are equally popular.

You have a tough choice. I like both but in the end, I chose a buggy.

Im still looking to burn a paycheck or two on a truggy....they just so damn sexy too.
LOL, Local Hobby Shop. And I would have to say buggy is more popular tahn truggy.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Yer right, hobby not hardware, im mixing up my hobbies.

Made the fix. Its late, and at least I made an effort to put in punctuation and check spelling.....grammar is another story!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default 1.0 or 2.0

Well, if you are looking at the 1.0 rtr stuff I would say the buggy for sure. It is alot closer to the 2.0 than the truck and will be competitive if you race. Truck will be better for the bashing. If you are looking at the 2.0 RTR that is coming out I would go for the truggy. The racing class is only growing for trucks and it will hold up to the bashing. Both are great though.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by camocowboy
Well, if you are looking at the 1.0 rtr stuff I would say the buggy for sure. It is alot closer to the 2.0 than the truck and will be competitive if you race. Truck will be better for the bashing. If you are looking at the 2.0 RTR that is coming out I would go for the truggy. The racing class is only growing for trucks and it will hold up to the bashing. Both are great though.
+1 on the 2.0 truggy. I ran the 1.0T last year and sold it right as the 2.0 came out. All I can say is losi nailed it. The 2.0 is such an improvement over the 1.0 it is like they are 2 different trucks. My only complaint with the 2.0 it the quality control at losi. Because its a roller someone else who could care less about the quality of the build put my truck togeather the 1st time. Most of the settings were correct, but I am sure we can teach a monkey to use a caliper to measure tie rod ends. I wish losi would offer the truck as a kit and let me build it right the 1st time instead of cleaning up someone elses mess.
I have just about gone through everything on it after 3 months and it works pervectly. I even broke out the hudy setup board and station the other day after racing it almost every weekend and to my suprise it was still dead on stock setup. The 1.0 would have been so far off by now that you would be lucky to get it to go straight.

2.0 truck
Old 05-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you want to bash it, get the truggy. I would go with one of the 8T 2.0 RTR's if you can. They should be available at the beginning of june. They are the most complete RTR package ever. I run the kit versions of the cars(buggy and truggy) and love them both. The buggy is great too, but if you want to bash, a truggy would be better. The 2.0T is a very tough truck, that is dialed on the track, so when you start racing you will be set.