how

Old 05-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool how

how do everyone get into the hobby and how long have you been in the hobby.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

went camping with my brother n law and my sister. a guy there had a revo. it was kick a.. .When i got home i looked on craigslist, couldnt find a revo so i got a jato, brother n law broke it within 30 min of being home went and bought a brand new one and havent looked back. couple months after gettin the jato, i had 3 revos, 2 jatos,Sport,rustler,lst2,tmaxx..... then sept 08 got into racing and sold them all. now its down to whats in my sig
Old 05-24-2009, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

I was at my buddy's place hanging out doing nothing. We got bord so we grabbed his tmaxx 2.5 went outside to goof off. The very next day i was looking around for a place to buy a truck, get info on a few trucks. About 2 weeks later i bought the newer 3.3 tmaxx. I still have it and I'm into racing now so it doesn't get ran like it use to. I still take it out now and then to jump it off my 5 1/2 ramp. I started into rc late August of last year and now I'm sponsored by my local hobby shop, doing repairs and airbrushing body's on the side.

Tyler
Old 05-24-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

i was about 12 when i seen a bunch of rc cars racing around a track next door to my uncles shop and finally got 1 when i was 17 and havent looked back, started with an associated RC10t with a graphite chassis shortly after that i picked up a t3 and then a buggy, pan cars, a savage, losi 8 and 8t and a FT t4, slash, nitro tc3 tc4 and havent stopped racing yet and whats in my signiture is what i have now, its been almost 13 yrs of racing
Old 05-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

i was born with airplanes in my hand, my father was into control line from his childhood (50's) and even had a small group of guys that did it on his base in vietnam. when i was around 6 or 7 (late 70's) i started building the guillows free flight airplanes, then a few years later i made my way up to control line airplanes. in jr high i got my first hobby level rc car, which was a "frog". then i got a cox "scorpion". meanwhile my dad got interested in rc airplanes, he even built his own heathkit 8 channel radio. he never got more than 30 seconds of flight before every crash, he had me hand launch the airplane. it was a .049 powered 2 channel plane. took a break for a few years and in collage i wanted to try my hand at airplanes again, (early 90's). bought a plane and radio and all that was needed. went to the feild, saw i guy with a helicopter and had to have one. i never got to "solo" my airplane before i got a heli, and have never looked back. i've been sponcered by JR, Burgen helicopters, and Schlutor helicopters. about three years ago i bought a losi bk2 then xxx cr. i drove my first nitro car 1 1/2 years ago and been doing it sence. i've been lucky that i've been around nitro engines all my life and it's really helped me. i even use my dads "flight box" that he built as a kid for my flight box. and i have his heathkit radio too....
Old 05-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Drove Demolition derby for close to 15 years but it was getting to be more work than fun and cars were getting harder to find...so I decided to try a new hobby...bought a mini t to run oval...then a savage,a B4 buggy and a ol Gs Storm.
Now I can go race and not be beat up after and only my wallet hurts
Old 05-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

My dad when he was younger had an old losi buggy to play in the yard and one day one of his former co workers heard was talking about it and he said he had one himself and the next time he went to the track that we should come along, well we went I ran the buggy for the first time when i was about 7, then about 2 weeks later we went to a local oval track and got one a couple weeks later and been hooked on it since, this was about 10 years ago and now I run offroad
Old 05-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

i first got in to r/c back in 1986 when i was running drag boats
Sanger drag runner with a pro stock 510ci two stage nos an so
on whent to the lhs to look for a boat but instead got a Tamiya
Frog futaba sport radio that was the start got a rc10 gold pan
and started racing had some 2 & 4 wheel drive raced for like 4
years got back in 1/1 cars then after 20 years i got the bug
again so off to the lhs got a AE rc8 ft my first nitro car and
off i go just finished my 5 race on Saturday having a great
time thanks to all the guys at the tracks and on hear
Old 05-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Way back when I was a kid, myself and a few friends had gold tube RC10's. One of the guys had a track at his parents acreage. Years later I got into nitro with another friend I that had been into flying. He got an Ofna 1/8 scale buggy and I had picked up an RC10GT. Since then I think I have gone though about a half dozen GT's in the last 10 years.

I went back to college a few years ago and packed up all my stuff and put it in storage. It was only about two months ago that I finally got it out of storage and started to put it to use again. Since then I have picked up an RC10GT2 and a RC8T. Those vehicles are a nice update to my old RC10GT , NTC3 and Monster GT. I just hope I can find the time get some use out of them.

That puts me at about 20 years of good times provided by RC cars.

Nitro Off Road has been my favorite for as long as I can remember.

Last edited by Kirbdog; 05-24-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:54 PM
3de
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Talking

I was given an old RC sailboat at age 11. I sailed it a bit, then build a slope plane and used the radio gear from the boat. Then got into cars a few years later. I have always had planes and cars.. My last plane was a 30% Yak 54.. But getting out of planes ATM.. To much travel time to get to the flying field, and theres an off road track right down the street.
Over 30 years of RC fun under my belt..
Old 05-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Started in the early to mid 80s with 1/10 off raod & on road at TQ hobbys in harbor city CA then off & on till about 99 then full boar till now. I'm a pack rat & still got my full race frog & most of my Kyosho 1/10 gas buggy.Dont know how much I have spent on RC but I tell my wife a new complete set up is still cheaper than heads for the old mustang & she believes me.
My motto is nothing better for learing than 30 years of mistakes.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well. I will have to say playing Forza 2 Motorsports with my buddy Adam. Then I got a pretty big check from a client. I went to buy a t-maxx. Then I left didnt buy the POS!!! I found a rc10gt for $200 on c-list. I got around 7-800 bucks worth off stuff. O.S. .18 CV-R a $450 Radio tons of parts. Now I am trying to find a used Losi XXL to put a muggy suspention on with a 3 speed trans. But I have been at this RC Hobby for a week!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

butch man full race frog i had a kit that had a red chassis
you then put a rc10 front end and shock the gold ones
can't remember how made it ? put a ball diff in man that
thing was so squirrely things have come a long way