Wiki Posts
Search

DONT BUY A V-SPEC!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
You guys sound like a bunch of jealous bitches cause you cant get 15-16 minutes out of your V-spec in truggy..Maybe instead of doubting you should be asking what his set-up is..Just my 2 cents..no offense meant..just because its not happening for you doesn't mean its not possible especially if he came from electric where you have to have the smoothest possible throttle finger

I haven't got a engine yet but since i am a hardcore 1/10 mod 2wd and 4wd racer i was thinking i might have a smooth style. we will see.

Need them jx 21's to come off BO...
Old 05-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Rookie

You guys sound like a bunch of jealous bitches cause you cant get 15-16 minutes out of your V-spec in truggy..Maybe instead of doubting you should be asking what his set-up is..Just my 2 cents..no offense meant..just because its not happening for you doesn't mean its not possible especially if he came from electric where you have to have the smoothest possible throttle finger
Such STRONG words from someone who doesnt even race.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I haven't got a engine yet but since i am a hardcore 1/10 mod 2wd and 4wd racer i was thinking i might have a smooth style. we will see.

Need them jx 21's to come off BO...
Smoother finger means longer run times, it does not mean you will be a great driver off the bat, ..I have 8 years Nitro experience but just started racing about 6 months ago..I am the only Pro Nitro Novice driver at my track

Its not as easy as the fast guys make it look..the damn adrenaline makes you pull that trigger way too hard
Old 05-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BandSagger36
Such STRONG words from someone who doesnt even race.
I race badly...but I can take apart your whole car including your engine and put it back together before you realize how bad I drive I just need a few more months
Old 05-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Smoother finger means longer run times, it does not mean you will be a great driver off the bat, ..I have 8 years Nitro experience but just started racing about 6 months ago..I am the only Pro Nitro Novice driver at my track

Its not as easy as the fast guys make it look..the damn adrenaline makes you pull that trigger way too hard

Dam its like you read my mind. Ive been racing electric for 6-7 years and started nitro 4-5 months ago lol. Electric competition is just as(and maybe even more) competitive than nitro racing. With electric, most racers are closer together timewise. Thats because a lot of electric racers may have identical batteries, motors, and setups which then comes down to your DRIVING skill. With nitro, every motor is different and its not always driving skill that gets you to the top. Plus all the other aspects of nitro(flameouts, tuning issues, mileage, etc.).

Again, no one considers that the jp2 may be the difference maker. Have any of you ran a jp2 on a v-spec?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I race almost every weekend and every other weekend in the winter and I have never heard of such a thing - 16 mins on a tank of gas in a heave truggy no less that's all I'm saying. My engine modder doesn't even claim those numbers and most guys atthe tracks I race at pit at 7 to 9 mins intermediate or pro. All those racers can't be wrong. 16 min is just a bold statement that requires justification. Words are just words.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

haha. Ok bud, buy yourself a plane ticket up to spokane and I will show you myself. Ill let you see it and make you eat your own words (no offense).

Maybe most people that own V-specs arent breaking in V-specs right? I know 2-3 racers here that get 11-14 minutes a tank with a v-spec! Just happens that my stock v-spec with just over a gallon of fuel on it gets 15+ minutes! I got the lucky motor in the bunch? possibly. I had a pro that knew what he was doing, break it in? Definitely.haha. I will say this again, Im running the low end somewhat rich and a Jp2 pipe. The littlest things can make the biggest differences

I also know people getting 20+ gallons of fuel with a v-spec with just 1 piston and rod change!

Last edited by freestylinmotox; 05-25-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Lord

You may all be right and I may be an ass, but I'll say this much..when I race at The Nitro Pit I get about 8 minutes on My v-spec, but at a much smaller technical track My run times increase by about 4 minutes..there's very little WOT on that track, and that could be the biggest difference as to why 1 guy gets 15 minutes at his track and 1 guy gets 11 minutes at a different track..I dont know for sure if someone is making up stories or not, but I do know that it is possible and that's all I have to say
Old 05-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestylinmotox
Dam its like you read my mind. Ive been racing electric for 6-7 years and started nitro 4-5 months ago lol. Electric competition is just as(and maybe even more) competitive than nitro racing. With electric, most racers are closer together timewise. Thats because a lot of electric racers may have identical batteries, motors, and setups which then comes down to your DRIVING skill. With nitro, every motor is different and its not always driving skill that gets you to the top. Plus all the other aspects of nitro(flameouts, tuning issues, mileage, etc.).

You can't buy hands baby !
Old 05-26-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Here's an RC monster truck pulling a Civic despite most of the engines power being wasted to wheel spin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k3A3g409RI
remind me to NEVER buy a used motor from this guy... the load he puts it under when it's still cold...

Paul
Old 05-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

prove it with video ....pretty simple solution...No cut's or anything a straite 16 min worth of you running your Vspec in truggy at your home track.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
prove it with video ....pretty simple solution...No cut's or anything a straite 16 min worth of you running your Vspec in truggy at your home track.

yep - was thinking the same thing here too - easily done - and then put your mill on ebay and get $600 for it
Old 05-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Legend

Default Os V-Spec ,the best engine U can buy !

Originally Posted by Integra

Easy to go 10 min @ Spokane because of the layout and its smooth surface ....

Think my V-spec would go 11 or 12 easy .....

I even pitted at the 10 min mark ....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 05-26-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Yea the Hank Perry is a good flowing track that only has 1 big straight. Very technical track.

Its small compared to any track in CA but its still a very fun track. Most people can get over 10 minutes on a tank in truggy. In buggy, the pros were getting around 9 minutes.

If you dont believe me, I can record video of my truggy going at least 15 minutes on a tank at Hank perry. It will be a while till I get back out there due to problems at work though!

Ill post it as soon as I can get out there. Plus this gives me another reason to go out to the track
Old 05-27-2009, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You may all be right and I may be an ass, but I'll say this much..when I race at The Nitro Pit I get about 8 minutes on My v-spec, but at a much smaller technical track My run times increase by about 4 minutes..there's very little WOT on that track, and that could be the biggest difference as to why 1 guy gets 15 minutes at his track and 1 guy gets 11 minutes at a different track..I dont know for sure if someone is making up stories or not, but I do know that it is possible and that's all I have to say
I'm with him... on the "winter track layout" at Indy in Garland I was getting 12+ minutes a tank. Flowing track, not really fast, no areas that required much throttle.

Track change for the March Meltdown... high speed track with big jumps and lots of throttle needed. I tried to go 10 minutes... flamed at a hair over 7.

(Hey Jaz... I know you know Doug... he can confirm that for you...)

It isn't JUST the motor/pipe/tune. It is the driver's finger and the track layout.

Last edited by DOMIT; 05-27-2009 at 04:29 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.