R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2009, 06:40 AM   #136
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Ya you are right it's moore like moses. Haha


__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:54 PM   #137
Tech Regular
 
freestylinmotox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 364
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I know, I know you people are just jealous because you think its so hard to get 15 minutes out of a v-spec. Its not out of the ordinary. But then again, most people are to ignorant to take someones honest word anymore. Moxley? is that your name? Where did you learn most of your "rc facts?" Internet?

Integra let me know when you get a life. Everytime Im on here your on here. Do you have a job? Go to school? probably not. Your probably just a drop-out who thinks hes so cool over the internet. I bet your just a fucking prick that wastes your life doing nothing but questioning people because your to lame to achieve it yourself.

Its funny watching half these people on this website giving pointers and tips on rc, but the sad thing is most of it is probably wrong or made up.
__________________
when in doubt, throttle out! braaap!
freestylinmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #138
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,499
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylinmotox View Post
I know, I know you people are just jealous because you think its so hard to get 15 minutes out of a v-spec. Its not out of the ordinary. But then again, most people are to ignorant to take someones honest word anymore. Moxley? is that your name? Where did you learn most of your "rc facts?" Internet?

Integra let me know when you get a life. Everytime Im on here your on here. Do you have a job? Go to school? probably not. Your probably just a drop-out who thinks hes so cool over the internet. I bet your just a fucking prick that wastes your life doing nothing but questioning people because your to lame to achieve it yourself.

Its funny watching half these people on this website giving pointers and tips on rc, but the sad thing is most of it is probably wrong or made up.
Now now be nice. And I thought you said it was 16 min...
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #139
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Foley, Al
Posts: 516
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

when you are on it he is on it so I guess the same goes for you, right ?
__________________
Making a comeback !!
roadracer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #140
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,499
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer43 View Post
when you are on it he is on it so I guess the same goes for you, right ?
Say what you want but I race almost every weekend during the season and 1-2x per month during the winter. Such comments are only trash talk. This forum is a tool like the ones in your tool box - use them correctly and they will reward you, use them incorrectly and well I think you can figure it out.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #141
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

A woman has three kids. the oldest kid comes down the stairs for breakfast.
The mother ask, "what do you want for breakfast"? The young man replies, "I want some fucking pancakes"! The mother slaps the shit out of him and sends him screaming and crying up the stairs and back to his room.





The second to oldest kid comes down the stairs. The mother ask, "What would you like for breakfast"? The kid replies, "I want some fucking pancakes"! The mother slaps the shit out of him and sends him whaling and crying up the stairs and back to his room.





The youngest kid comes down the stairs. The mother ask, "what would you like for breakfast"? The young child replies, "i don't know, but i sure as hell don't want some fucking pancakes"!


Oh and i love my vspec!!!
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #142
Tech Elite
 
Gearhead racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere in PA
Posts: 2,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
A woman has three kids. the oldest kid comes down the stairs for breakfast.
The mother ask, "what do you want for breakfast"? The young man replies, "I want some fucking pancakes"! The mother slaps the shit out of him and sends him screaming and crying up the stairs and back to his room.





The second to oldest kid comes down the stairs. The mother ask, "What would you like for breakfast"? The kid replies, "I want some fucking pancakes"! The mother slaps the shit out of him and sends him whaling and crying up the stairs and back to his room.




The youngest kid comes down the stairs. The mother ask, "what would you like for breakfast"? The young child replies, "i don't know, but i sure as hell don't want some fucking pancakes"!


Oh and i love my vspec!!!

__________________
"Seeing the world on 2 wheels"
Losi Ten-T SCTE~Tekin SC4X 4.5~ Tekin RX8
Gearhead racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #143
Tech Regular
 
lowey79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 356
Default

This is getting interesting

I find it frustrating that some people seem to go out of there way to be un helpful and over critical of other people's posts.... This is a web forum guys, the purpose of which is to to help others and share information. It's not for school yard bickering
lowey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:56 PM   #144
Tech Regular
 
freestylinmotox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 364
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

lol I was being very understanding until Integra always types something which makes him come off as very cocky. Look at all his other posts. Hes cocky, ignorant, and just thinks he knows EVERYTHING about everything.

Im not trying to be the asshole here but when you have someone like him, the only thing you can do is tell him to shut the hell up.

Everyone else is pretty cool and is involved in rc for mostly one reason...TO HAVE FUN!! Thats the main point. Thats why I got into the hobby.
__________________
when in doubt, throttle out! braaap!

Last edited by freestylinmotox; 05-28-2009 at 09:39 PM.
freestylinmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #145
Tech Regular
 
freestylinmotox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 364
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
A woman has three kids. the oldest kid comes down the stairs for breakfast.
The mother ask, "what do you want for breakfast"? The young man replies, "I want some fucking pancakes"! The mother slaps the shit out of him and sends him screaming and crying up the stairs and back to his room.





The second to oldest kid comes down the stairs. The mother ask, "What would you like for breakfast"? The kid replies, "I want some fucking pancakes"! The mother slaps the shit out of him and sends him whaling and crying up the stairs and back to his room.





The youngest kid comes down the stairs. The mother ask, "what would you like for breakfast"? The young child replies, "i don't know, but i sure as hell don't want some fucking pancakes"!


Oh and i love my vspec!!!

__________________
when in doubt, throttle out! braaap!
freestylinmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:06 PM   #146
Tech Addict
 
xxxtcr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 747
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Here's my 2cents,

I've been racing close to 15 years, have been running O.S. better part of 8 or 9. My practice motors are v-spec, and my race motors are speeds. On average* I get 10 gallons through my speed, and thats running it at race speeds between 245-260 degrees. Vspec blue motors I get about 6. Occassionally I get a motor that throws a rod, but that's because it sat upside down and revved out, or it got ran out of gas one too many times, ect. I have a friend who has 23 gallons through a speed pincher, he more than got his money worth out of it. I will say that the motors were hard to tune before they updated both of the motors with the new carbs. The blue motors are awesome to run for practice, but do not get the mileage of the speeds. Ya, the speeds are expensive, but they are the longest lasting motor on the market, if you take care of them.
xxxtcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #147
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

WOW!!

Frankenstein 1

Village People 0

I kinda knew this was going to get out of hand..The next time someone posts something that you dont agree with a simple will do

That goes for everyone!
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #148
Tech Regular
 
freestylinmotox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 364
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

jaz its not the fact that he doesnt agree with me. Its the fact that hes so cocky because he thinks he knows everything about v-specs. In his opinion he thinks v-specs cant go 15 minutes on a tank no matter what. he comes off as its "just not possible."

Say what you want about it, ive seen it done several times and ive also done it personally with my truggy. 15 minutes on a 150cc tank ISNT impossible. I dont know why this topic has blown up this big. Its not that out of the ordinary for the track I run on.
__________________
when in doubt, throttle out! braaap!
freestylinmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #149
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylinmotox View Post
jaz its not the fact that he doesnt agree with me. Its the fact that hes so cocky because he thinks he knows everything about v-specs. In his opinion he thinks v-specs cant go 15 minutes on a tank no matter what. he comes off as its "just not possible."

Say what you want about it, ive seen it done several times and ive also done it personally with my truggy. 15 minutes on a 150cc tank ISNT impossible. I dont know why this topic has blown up this big. Its not that out of the ordinary for the track I run on.
I hear ya bud, I'm just really sad that it got this carried away, with people cursing at each other and whatnot..Integra is a friend and though he is certainly busting your balls, I'm sorry to see it come to this..Put up the video, prove your point, shove it down everyones throat and lets get back to having fun and helping newbies
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #150
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,781
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

My $.02 on fuel mileage.

I have no idea if this dude is telling the truth or not and don't care but here are a few things to remember.

1. Tracks make a HUGE difference. Just because someone gets 10 min on one track doesn't mean the same set-up will get you the same time at your track. Think about it. If you think 12-13 is possible at your track, is it impossible for an even smaller, tighter, slicker track to exist?

2. Maybe he's slow. If the pros get 12 minutes at this track and he is four laps off of their pace, he is doing less distance. So while his runtime might be longer, his actual "MILEAGE" is about the same. Remember it's called mileage which is distance traveled (not minutes run) divided by fuel burned.

If anyone wants to pay my expenses and compensate me handsomely for my time I will be happy to come to your track, set-up and drive your v-spec powered truggy and I will guarantee you I will go 15 minutes by the end of the day. I make no promises about speed, lap times or winning anything but it will go 15 on a tank. Of course, this would be pretty stupid to do since I would turn more laps by driving faster and making a stop.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:53 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net