R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-23-2009, 07:00 AM   #31
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead racer View Post
C6 and Speed??? Sorry i just woke up and drawing a blank????

I found info on both! The c6 is alot more than im willing to spend rite now and i do not want a v spec.. About $260 is the highest i can go rite now!
I love my C6, but it is very expensive..... However it is a very refined well balanced engine, softer off the bottom with a great midrange and top end... The OS Speed is very well balanced, good bottom, good mid and good top, but once again very pricey..... For under $260.00 the Picco is a horse, massive bottom end, strong mid and good top...In a buggy the Picco may be heavy handed, but in a truggy it works amazing...
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:09 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I love my C6, but it is very expensive..... However it is a very refined well balanced engine, softer off the bottom with a great midrange and top end... The OS Speed is very well balanced, good bottom, good mid and good top, but once again very pricey..... For under $260.00 the Picco is a horse, massive bottom end, strong mid and good top...In a buggy the Picco may be heavy handed, but in a truggy it works amazing...
So the evo 3 will be a good more for my x1? Im note quite sure what you mean by this?
Old 05-23-2009, 07:39 AM   #33
Tech Champion

Quote:
So the evo 3 will be a good more for my x1? Im note quite sure what you mean by this?

The Picco's have a hard hitting power delivery.... Some people do not like that...in a buggy it can sometimes be overwhelming and cause excessive tire spin...... However some people really like that feel, so its a matter of preference.....
Old 05-23-2009, 07:46 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Quote:
The Picco's have a hard hitting power delivery.... Some people do not like that...in a buggy it can sometimes be overwhelming and cause excessive tire spin...... However some people really like that feel, so its a matter of preference.....
oh.. OK well sometimes i like to able throw my truck around(like drifting) in some tight corners. Now i can control some of the wheel spin by adjusting the diff weights correct? I kinda new to racing scene.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #35
Tech Champion

Quote:
oh.. OK well sometimes i like to able throw my truck around(like drifting) in some tight corners. Now i can control some of the wheel spin by adjusting the diff weights correct? I kinda new to racing scene.

Just driving smooth and being easy on the trigger can do wonders.....FYI all of these current race engines are pretty equal on the straights, the main differences are in their power delivery and feel... A Picco feels abrupt and snappy, they require very little trigger movement to make the motor bark... A irio on the other hand feels very mild and requires much more trigger movement to make the engine bark.... If your used to driving a Sirio a picco will feel like a lightswitch, either on or off...... However if your used to driving a Picco a Sirio will feel gutless and dead on the bottom end.........With a Picco the engine will make very strong power at low RPM's with very little trigger input.. If you drag the Sirio vs the Picco they pretty much run side by side... Yet when you drive them they feel night and day different....... They both work well, but each one will please a different taste..... I find on slick track conditions the smoother engines work better, and on high bite or muddy tracks the harder hitting engines work better..... Also if you like to slowly bleed into the trigger a Sirio works better, if your a blipper a Picco works better.....
Old 05-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Quote:
Just driving smooth and being easy on the trigger can do wonders.....FYI all of these current race engines are pretty equal on the straights, the main differences are in their power delivery and feel... A Picco feels abrupt and snappy, they require very little trigger movement to make the motor bark... A irio on the other hand feels very mild and requires much more trigger movement to make the engine bark.... If your used to driving a Sirio a picco will feel like a lightswitch, either on or off...... However if your used to driving a Picco a Sirio will feel gutless and dead on the bottom end.........With a Picco the engine will make very strong power at low RPM's with very little trigger input.. If you drag the Sirio vs the Picco they pretty much run side by side... Yet when you drive them they feel night and day different....... They both work well, but each one will please a different taste..... I find on slick track conditions the smoother engines work better, and on high bite or muddy tracks the harder hitting engines work better..... Also if you like to slowly bleed into the trigger a Sirio works better, if your a blipper a Picco works better.....
Im a BIG BLIPPER!!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #37
Tech Elite

What pipe should use withe evo3???
Old 05-25-2009, 04:42 AM   #38
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
What pipe should use withe evo3???
THE SILENCER!!!! 2013
Old 05-25-2009, 04:47 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)
Send a message via MSN to MBR52 Send a message via Yahoo to MBR52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUD View Post
THE SILENCER!!!! 2013
Good call +1
Mugen MST-1 powered by Novarossi
Associated B44 powered by Novak
MBR52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:43 AM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default re

yes the 2013 is the best pipe for the picco but the jp-4 will tam the bottom a little make it less snappy I run an evo22 inmy x2 with the 2013 its a beast
toofless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:46 AM   #41
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofless View Post
yes the 2013 is the best pipe for the picco but the jp-4 will tam the bottom a little make it less snappy I run an evo22 inmy x2 with the 2013 its a beast

best pipe i dont know about that.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote