R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default o'donnell ss 21 engine

What pipe are the team drivers using on this engine, size of carb insert and expected run time... thanks in advance
Jarred King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
Tech Master

anyone.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:43 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I haven't heard much talk about the engines, but O'Donnell's email address is: carsupport@hobbico.com

And "" right back at you, lol.
markr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:04 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

The motor is not even out yet, only a few team guys have one. The Reedy should be out before this one!
Old 05-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #5
tp
Tech Adept

Im running the Odonnel pipe that will be released shortly after the engine.... with a 7.5 mm restrictor. The engine is insane fast, and i am getting a little over 8 minutes to the tank at Revelation track in cali.. Very big flat loose track.
tp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

TP does "shortly" mean a year and a half or more for O'Donnell?

That's what I heard months ago about the motor coming out. Kind of made my mind up with going Reedy now, sorry! O'Donnell has been really good to me in the past but blowing delivery dates by over a year isn't cool.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:28 PM   #7
tp
Tech Adept

Sorry you feel that way.... The reason the engines have taken so long to come out is because Mr. OD wants them to be just right, So that takes some time. We just got a batch of them at the shop and ran them again last night with great results.. so they should be very close to release. If you can find a $200.00 engine that will race with the speeds other than this one let me know. I'm sure the Reedy engines are great, good luck with your racing.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #8
Tech Master

i was hoping to see around 11mins from this engine. Being as fast as the O.S speed is good but unless you can get the same kind of fuel consumption then the odonnell realy does not stand out as there are plenty of motors that are fast that get 8mins.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #9
tp
Tech Adept

with some fine tuning it will go ten no prob, I am just punched out of my mind at this track.lol
Old 05-22-2009, 03:46 PM   #10
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp View Post
Sorry you feel that way.... The reason the engines have taken so long to come out is because Mr. OD wants them to be just right, So that takes some time. We just got a batch of them at the shop and ran them again last night with great results.. so they should be very close to release. If you can find a $200.00 engine that will race with the speeds other than this one let me know. I'm sure the Reedy engines are great, good luck with your racing.
$230 for an OD motor, $250 for a Reedy street price. Its only a $20 difference to the average Joe. Reedy's lhs cost is actually lower by 5%!

That is true about Steve quality and craftsmanship being at a top level. But don't promise the public something and not deliver. I'm tired of hearing from Sonny and Jimbo saying soon. I do hope that when this motor does come it is unbeatable. I have always been an OD fan, well just the fuel and plugs. I think the car still needs some work, but that's another story.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #11
Tech Master

ok.. thanks TP.... these engines are arriving in Australia within the week and i am looking forward to using it. Hey TP ...will you or any of the odonnell team be coming down to Australia for the Australian round of the RC PRO. There are some big names all ready entered but no Odonnell team.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:36 PM   #12
tp
Tech Adept

I don't think i will be going to that race.. steve hasn't said anything about it... sure would be cool to go there though Let me know how the engine works when you get it...

tp
Old 05-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp View Post
Yes i 100% Agree with Tp the engines are on the ball i received an email from Steve this morning and they are on time Apparenty they left the factory for Hobbico on the 21st of this month .

Reedy engines are great and designed by a great individual but watch out of the Od engines they will be wild and at the $229.00 price tag they will give the os speeds are hard time .

On another point what tp said about the engines being perfect yes it has taken its time but according to steve they must be perfect like his fuel and glow plugs or it doesnt get released.

Ive waited nearly 1 year but i beleive in steve and im loyal and thats all that matters to me .A top product takes time and rome wasnt built in one day right ?

take care guys
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyTheRocket View Post
TP does "shortly" mean a year and a half or more for O'Donnell?

That's what I heard months ago about the motor coming out. Kind of made my mind up with going Reedy now, sorry! O'Donnell has been really good to me in the past but blowing delivery dates by over a year isn't cool.
Joey dont give up dude just hang in there you will be impressed with the od engine.
Delivery dates are what they are sometimes they cannot be controlled but hang in there .

take care friend
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Default motor

Who makes this motor for OD, I know Thunder tiger makes the Reedy but who makes this (What country does this motor come from)?
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote