R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Over the last few years I have ran the ACE ds1015's, HITEC digitals and JR servo's. I had 2 ACE servo's quit with in the first 30 min. of practice at different times in buggy, but overall have liked the Ace servo's (fast & strong). The Hitecs I have not had a problem with other then being a little noisy, but I have only ran them A small amount of time as back up servo's. I run the JR servo's most of the time in buggy & truggy. I have run the JR9100T, 9100S, 9000S,9000T & DS8711. I have only had 1 9000s servo go bad in buggy, I came up short on the biggest tripple I have ever seen on a track and faced the landing to a dead stop. I had ran that servo in A jammin buggy for 2 years. I waited another six months before sending it to Horizon with a letter stating exactly what happened and that I would continue to buy there servo's whether they could fix it or not, and 3 weeks later a new 9100S showed up. Seems like great service to me.
tristyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #47
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

<>
bmoneyxxxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #48
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Around march 2008 I purchased a JR 9100T and 9100S. I have had the T fail one time and it was replaced with a NIB 9100T. The S has failed 2 times now and replaced both times with a NIB servo. When the 9100T was replaced I received a letter stating that the top bearing was gone due to user error and they still replaced it stating "good faith" I have never had a company state that the part failed because of user abuse and then go ahead and replace it at no charge anyway. I have no idea what you did to their products or what you put in the explanation letter but my experience has been very positive, every time a servo blows JR replaces it within 6 weeks, upholding their stated 3 yr warranty.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:40 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesims20 View Post
at the same time I read you burnt one up in your jammin truck. I'm sure that don't mean the jammin burns up servo's.

At any rate...I may be at the Nitro fever pro series race Zixxer. I'll come over to chat with ya. I got to watch you run some and was gonna come over but you seemed to be having a bad day. I didnt want to bother you.

Talk to you soon!

your wrong on that but your welcome to come over and talk ...i didnt have a bad day so not sure where that comes from...and no its just means jr servos are sport shit ....the jammin didnt break at all at nitro fever and really hasnt broke but 2 parts all year which was my fault ...and the jr servo burt up because its a jr servo .....the jammin is solid but thats another thread ....p.s. the jammin was a lap and a half up on 4-5 th running in 3rd ....so no worries on that either champ.....

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:46 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady3031 View Post
Not sure who you are my name is jason but everybody calls me schmidty around the track, come on over and talk to us, I will be at nitro fever this weekend, rc proin june and at madmaxx in clay on the may 30 th. At nitrofever I will be in the shed to the left of the trac.
Hope to see you at the races leesims20/if I can help you anyway let me know!!!
i bet i know who it is

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:54 AM   #51
Tech Elite

Everytime I have seen a throttle servo go bad in a 8ight was when the user did not follow Losi instruction on putting the washer underneath the tray nad not setting EPA right. I burnt one servo since the Losi came out the there 8th scale. I like my JR servos, I like have the 400oz. It holds the steering way better through turns. And as long as your EPA is set. they dont get hot which in turns meas they will last longer. I rather get something stronger than getting the minium.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #52
Tech Regular

I know of three different people that have had the same problem with the 9100T.All pro racers THAT KNOW WHAT THERE DOING. JR servos suck.I saw the new high voltage one last about thirty minutes last weekend before it smoked.Even the Horizon sponsored pros refuse to run them Because there JUNK.....THANK GOD FOR HITEC.
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #53
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i love horizion/losi/jr... only company i will drive 4. my shock tower broke on my 2.0 in dec. i called them like a week ago they sent me a nib 2.0 tower.

being a dick will get u no where in the customer service field. im not pointing anyone out im just sayin. if you called in a problem and where being a complete ass you wont get anything from them and they will charge you for everything they can. now if u call. be completely nice and patient you will most likely get what u wanted

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #54
Tech Master

i still can't bring myself use hitec servos, because of my heli flying. i can't trust hitec in a heli. if it fails (in heli's, hitec is known for failing) it will cost me around $500.00 to fix a crash. i stick only with jr servo's and haven't had a hitec for 12 years. seems to me they have the car/airplane market covered, but, heli's have too much high frequincy vibrations for them to handle.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #55
Tech Regular

A 2.4 GH reciever should not be able to "hear" that noise in order to send it to the servo, as metal to metal noise is a much lower freq' than 2.4 gig.Hitec has come a long way in the last three years with there amplifier technology as well as there overall durability.JR, UNFORTUNATLY HAS GONE THE OTHER DIRECTION.Ask Pops Losi or Gil Losi Jr what they think of what Horizon is doing with their namesake.You will get an earfull. Horizon has toy quality RTR's for their bread and butter.They just can't stand to see Traxxas makin' all that money.Can't really blame them for chasin' a dollar but the racers are the ones that got Losi where it is today.Any other servo company would have stood by that servo because it failed in it's intended application.I personaly have run Losi since 1988....I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LOSI PRODUCT OR ANY OTHER PRODUCED BY HORIZON.
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #56
Tech Master

i'll agree about horizon taking losi down a notch or two. but for JR, they are brought into the US by horizion and not owned by them. i will admit that i worked there in tech support and still have friends there, so i have mixed feelings about knocking them.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote