R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drperry Send a message via MSN to drperry Send a message via Yahoo to drperry

I never had a problem with mine, myself... It was good for wicked powerslides
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #32
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6026
Old 05-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #33
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drperry View Post
Apparently, the rotary has a slower response, if I read the earlier post right... Which could make the Jato easier to drive...
it would be better to just turn the expo down on the TX. NO? The slide carbs are much better.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drperry Send a message via MSN to drperry Send a message via Yahoo to drperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
it would be better to just turn the expo down on the TX. NO? The slide carbs are much better.
That's what I figured... Or even limit the travel, if you get too much oomph out of it...
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #35
Tech Rookie

Quote:
I did look at that prior today along with the Picco, Nova. I kind of like the way the Dynamite looks and could buy a backup to. But, I have looked at the OS and like the way they sound too....
jatojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #36
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Rotary carbs will be much easier to drive. However, setting up a rotary carb in the Jato might be a challenge--but anything is possible. I haven't seen a rotary carb installed in a Jato yet.

The Dynamite Platinum .12 is a great engine. The tune is very consistent and the engine will have the right amount of torque for the heavier Jato. I only say heavier compared to the competition gas trucks that are currently used. Dynamite has announced they are putting out a Platinum .12 with a SLIDE carb, but I'm not sure of the release date. Soon for sure.

I have used the Platinum .12 for a couple years now. I'm over the 6 gallon mark on my first one and most of it's life has been racing dirt oval---which is hard on engines because of all the full throttle racing. I'm not sure how much life is left but I'll continue to run it till I start having tuning issues.

Recently I just purchased a second Associated GT2 to use off-road since my original GT2 has become dirt oval dedicated. So I also have a second Platinum .12 which I'm very comfortable saying I should get more life out of the new engine since it will not see as much full throttle applications.

Great engines for sure. Plus they are priced excellent.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #37
Tech Rookie

Quote:
With the .12 I think it will ultimately be fine when it is tuned, yes I could go single speed with the 2.5 and re-gear, but it won't be legal and that engine is very, very peaky. it is all go or nothing even with a very well set up slippler and a touchy finger. I may keep the 2.5 around for a basher engine but they will be it.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #38
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Rotary carbs will be much easier to drive. However, setting up a rotary carb in the Jato might be a challenge--but anything is possible. I haven't seen a rotary carb installed in a Jato yet.

The Dynamite Platinum .12 is a great engine. The tune is very consistent and the engine will have the right amount of torque for the heavier Jato. I only say heavier compared to the competition gas trucks that are currently used. Dynamite has announced they are putting out a Platinum .12 with a SLIDE carb, but I'm not sure of the release date. Soon for sure.

I have used the Platinum .12 for a couple years now. I'm over the 6 gallon mark on my first one and most of it's life has been racing dirt oval---which is hard on engines because of all the full throttle racing. I'm not sure how much life is left but I'll continue to run it till I start having tuning issues.

Recently I just purchased a second Associated GT2 to use off-road since my original GT2 has become dirt oval dedicated. So I also have a second Platinum .12 which I'm very comfortable saying I should get more life out of the new engine since it will not see as much full throttle applications.

Great engines for sure. Plus they are priced excellent.
Like the Price tag