R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default OS Speed WC - wow

Just had a weekend of races at my local track. We hosted a regional race with fellow racers from Singapore, Brunei & all over my country. It was a blast to say the least.

On the first day of qualifying, the track was very damp & wet due to overnight rain. So, I decided to run my backup car with equipped with a daily runner OS Speed. Didn't do so well. Engine was too rich & car was bogged down by mud. Also, too nervous to drive like normal. In the end, only managed to qualify 39th out of 60+ drivers.

On the next days, decided to run my competition car with the OS Speed WC + EB mods head button in my Main (D Main). This motor is a beast ! I thought I have leaned it too much because it was just too powerful. The track was again muddy & the buggy probably weighed as much as a clean truggy. No issues there. Just kept on going jump after jump & overbearing power to spare. I'm mighty impressed. I think I'll be running OS for the next couple of years. I ended with 3rd (2 seconds difference). Could have managed to 2nd position which would result in a bump up to the higher main but my buddy decided to calm me down by yelling over the PA that I was doing well in 2nd position mid way through & after that, it was crash boom bang all the way to 3rd position .

On the truggy front, I ran my backup again due to the muck. My Ninja JX performed flawlessly to propel me into 5th place in the A group. I topped 2 of my heats. The next day, however, the engined flamed out on me a couple of times & my left rear decided to wander off the track at the far corner . Had to limp back to the pit & marshal was kind enough to pick up my orphaned tire. Ran to the tent to get a wheel nut & back to the 45 minute race. In the end, only managed 8th position in the A. This was out of a total of about 25 entries.

Moral of the story - gonna sell off my brand new RB C6 & S5 & the old JX & old Speed to fund the purchase or more OS Speed WCs.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Savage FLM ext. 5S MMM 8XL, E REVO Medusa 1600KV 6S MMM
Thunder Tiger ST Neu 1515 2000KV Lutach esc 5S 4800mah
joeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeling View Post
Just had a weekend of races at my local track. We hosted a regional race with fellow racers from Singapore, Brunei & all over my country. It was a blast to say the least.

On the first day of qualifying, the track was very damp & wet due to overnight rain. So, I decided to run my backup car with equipped with a daily runner OS Speed. Didn't do so well. Engine was too rich & car was bogged down by mud. Also, too nervous to drive like normal. In the end, only managed to qualify 39th out of 60+ drivers.

On the next days, decided to run my competition car with the OS Speed WC + EB mods head button in my Main (D Main). This motor is a beast ! I thought I have leaned it too much because it was just too powerful. The track was again muddy & the buggy probably weighed as much as a clean truggy. No issues there. Just kept on going jump after jump & overbearing power to spare. I'm mighty impressed. I think I'll be running OS for the next couple of years. I ended with 3rd (2 seconds difference). Could have managed to 2nd position which would result in a bump up to the higher main but my buddy decided to calm me down by yelling over the PA that I was doing well in 2nd position mid way through & after that, it was crash boom bang all the way to 3rd position .

On the truggy front, I ran my backup again due to the muck. My Ninja JX performed flawlessly to propel me into 5th place in the A group. I topped 2 of my heats. The next day, however, the engined flamed out on me a couple of times & my left rear decided to wander off the track at the far corner . Had to limp back to the pit & marshal was kind enough to pick up my orphaned tire. Ran to the tent to get a wheel nut & back to the 45 minute race. In the end, only managed 8th position in the A. This was out of a total of about 25 entries.

Moral of the story - gonna sell off my brand new RB C6 & S5 & the old JX & old Speed to fund the purchase or more OS Speed WCs.

Regards,
Joe Ling
If the normal speed is still in good condition I would hold on to it. The speed and WC are identical internally. My bet is the EB button is what was giving you the power over the other speed.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes I think the head button sure has played a role there.

Here's some pics of the aftermath :

I have 3 buggies & 2 truggies like the above condition the weekend of racing. They're still in boxes waiting to b cleaned. Gonna be painful

Regards,
Joe Ling
Savage FLM ext. 5S MMM 8XL, E REVO Medusa 1600KV 6S MMM
Thunder Tiger ST Neu 1515 2000KV Lutach esc 5S 4800mah
joeling is offline   Reply With Quote