R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (67%+)
Default Need advice!!...asap

I by sure where to post this so maybe everyone that's been so helpful here can help me with this. About a 2 months ago on a Friday evening I wrote a check to pay for my local track membership. Well, sometime between racing that weekend I misplaced my debit card, well Sunday evening when I realized this there had been someunauthorized charges on the account. Well Wachovia recommended I close the account. Actually this was the only way they'd refund the unauthorized charges. So, Monday morning I had to call the track president and ask him not to deposit the check since it's on the wrong account now. This was not a problem. When I got back in town that week from work, I met him at the hobby shop and was talking to the owner before he got there. I had come back early from work because my mom had been diagnosed with gastric cancer. Well, the track president overheard this and told me to hang on to my money until I was in a better position to pay for it. That helped me out alot. I told him I would try and get it paid that week sometime. Well, that Thursday night I got a bunch of calls from numbers I didn't know. Didn't answer them finally got a text from one of the numbers. It was my wifes sister. Her dad had a stroke. Well the next morning we ft up and drove to icu at a hospital where he lives about 200 miles away. The track president called me in route and wanted to know if I was gong to pay the money, well to be honest with you at this point that was the least of my worries. I told him if I got back I would but Id probably be staying with my wifeat the hospital. I made I back that Saturday, went to the track, my mom had insisted that she pay my track membership since I had loaned her the money for her medicine the week before. Well, I handed him my mothers check and he handed it back to me, said he wasn't dealing with it and walked off. Well, fast toward to a week ago at a different track. He's down there running his mouth about me, to other racers. And last night I posted something on our local forum about an oval car an he went into this crazy long spill about a "particular person" not "investing" in the local track. Well, I tried to pay him with my moms check she gave me, tried to pay him with cash when my debit card came up missing. Honestly, somedays I don't even want to do this anymore, because i'm tired if feeling like an outcast. I pay my registration fees on raceday just like everyone else. It's not an issue of not having the money at all, if they could take paypal or a credit card over the phone Itd be no problem, but I'm on the road a good but now, especially since I have my household to support and with my mother not able to work I'm paying her bills to. Do you just say to heck with it, not pay the rack membership, cause honestly after the way he's acted I could care less if I ever raced on that track again. But I know down the long run if I don't, I'll see him at a race at another track and he will be there running his mouth about me. So, honestly I'm to a point of just confronting him and telling him he needs to keep my name out of his mouth! What would you do??
Old 05-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
Tech Legend

Suggest paying the track the money you own for your membership fee`s ......
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Tech Regular

If tried that on 2 seperate occasions as stated in my post
Old 05-17-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

try again and insist that he keeps it

STRC LCG Slash looking for electronics

1985 Associated RC 10 Novak t4 Trinity Monster Horsepower 27T futaba Jr
gkn0315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
Tech Legend

Have you paid um though ?

He`s even been polite and gave you a extension to pay ...
Old 05-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Tried to pay I'm cash the day we found out my mom had cancer and he didn't take which I appreciate. Tried to pay with a check my mom insisted that I take since I had bought her medicine the week before and he wouldn't take that. Now I'm working about 84-87 hours a week right now so I can support 2 households, one being my moms since she can't work. My point is, I'm not expecting sympathy at all, it's just hard to pay in cash if your 250 miles away! But does he really have to keep running his mouth to everyone when I'm not even around to defend myself. I'll be back home for 2 days starting tomorrow, depending on what time I get home I'm going to try one more time to get this paid.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

try the phone..give him a call..get it worked out
Old 05-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
Tech Legend

The first time you tried ?
You cancel the check ...
and he gave you a extension...

The second time you tried you did not have money , just a third party check.

You should not be up-set ....

Bring cash the next time you try , best advise .....
Old 05-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Honestly, he might be trying to tell you something... just not being upfront about it.....
Old 05-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Trust me I have done every hobby/ sport there is. I have run into people in this r/c world that have never been able to do anything except this hobby. Not all people in this hobby are jerks the ones who don't have people skills come across as jerks and its probably because this is the only thing they were ever any good at and they feel like they can mistreat people who are unfamiliar with this hobby. BS..... If you really think about it you probably will find someone in the same club that has real people skills that will make you feel welcome. Trust me the jerks know who they are.... and ... well no-one likes them no matter how well they control a toy car!
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #11
Tech Regular

It has never been an issue of not having the money, when I asked for the check not to be deposited I was acting on advice from Wachovia since my debit card had went missing. The only reason I took the check from my mother is that she was insistent on it and with her in end stage cancer the last thing I want to do is not honor her wishes. I've been nice when we were at another track racing and he was steadily talking about me behind my back I bit my tounge in the spirit of good sportmanship. Like I said I'll be back in town tomorrow and I'm going to try to pay it in cash one more time. If he's rude at this point I'll just keep my money and fund another track. I'm on the road all the time anyways. There's plenty of them out there!
Old 05-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Call him. Ask if he will take a money order. If not, wait until race day and pay him cash. Im sure he would have taken cash instead of your mothers check. Most tracks do not take them especially a 3rd party check. Try not to make excuses for it not being paid yet. He probably dont wont to here about your personal problems for one. Ask him straight up how he wants to get the money. Most likely it will be in person and cash. Ask for a receipt if need be. Not trying to be wise, just pointing out the truth. If he still dont want your money then just show up and pay to race.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
Tech Addict

Look at it from his stand point also. Its been going on for 2 months now. Hes heard all these excuses even if they are true. Obviously he is not worried with your money. Personally, I would wait until race day and hand him some cash, tell him what its for and walk away.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer43 View Post
Call him. Ask if he will take a money order. If not, wait until race day and pay him cash. Im sure he would have taken cash instead of your mothers check. Most tracks do not take them especially a 3rd party check. Try not to make excuses for it not being paid yet. He probably dont wont to here about your personal problems for one. Ask him straight up how he wants to get the money. Most likely it will be in person and cash. Ask for a receipt if need be. Not trying to be wise, just pointing out the truth. If he still dont want your money then just show up and pay to race.
agree 100%, then tell him to keep his mouth shut, make sure you take a witness[another club member] when you try to pay.
bigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #15
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Just out of curiousity...how much money are we talking about?

If it $20-30..it would be a little silly for him to bad mouth you..for a couple of hundred he may have a valid point