R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #91
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylinmotox View Post
I know, its crazy. They stand behind their "long lasting" tires, but ive seen AKA's get demolished in a matter of 1-2 club races. Not worth it in my opinion!

If you were to Run Holeshot's on a track that did not justify them you would also burn them out in no time flat...Does that mean that are a bad tire....NO it means that some one was excessively spinning the tire's or did not have the proper tread for the track condition's....My Med Citi beam combo has over 4+hrs on them and they just finally broke down to the 2nd layer on the citi's and the beams out back are now just starting to round off on both sides due to swapping back and forth to keep wear even...AKA's BY FAR outlast any other tire on the market currently....AKA FYI AKA's are no more expensive then any other race tires.....so i don't know what you deal is with AKA...but get Over it.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drperry Send a message via MSN to drperry Send a message via Yahoo to drperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cary View Post
AKA s are only like $57.00 for a set not $100.00
pro-line are $60.00 a set
$45 a pair up here in Canada for me
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #93
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
If you were to Run Holeshot's on a track that did not justify them you would also burn them out in no time flat...Does that mean that are a bad tire....NO it means that some one was excessively spinning the tire's or did not have the proper tread for the track condition's....My Med Citi beam combo has over 4+hrs on them and they just finally broke down to the 2nd layer on the citi's and the beams out back are now just starting to round off on both sides due to swapping back and forth to keep wear even...AKA's BY FAR outlast any other tire on the market currently....AKA FYI AKA's are no more expensive then any other race tires.....so i don't know what you deal is with AKA...but get Over it.
+1.

My med I-beams still look new after over 35min of run time.
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #94
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

I'd suggest staying OFF of eBay to buy stuff until you're experienced with these cars and know exactly what you need. It's very easy to buy the wrong item or get burned over there.

A-Main Hobbies sells clutch bell bearings as well as several other sizes of bearings for $1 a piece. That's an extremely tough deal to beat.

Tire wear is the result of several factors: track abrasion, tire compound selection, tread type, driving style and amount of wheel spin come to mind. Saying an entire brand of tires is junk based on one observation isn't the best idea.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #95
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkarTisu View Post
I'd suggest staying OFF of eBay to buy stuff until you're experienced with these cars and know exactly what you need. It's very easy to buy the wrong item or get burned over there.

A-Main Hobbies sells clutch bell bearings as well as several other sizes of bearings for $1 a piece. That's an extremely tough deal to beat.

Tire wear is the result of several factors: track abrasion, tire compound selection, tread type, driving style and amount of wheel spin come to mind. Saying an entire brand of tires is junk based on one observation isn't the best idea.

Nice and articulate buddy....I wish i could do the same ......but i get carried away sometime's.

its late i need Sleep....darn 6hr drive back from racing took a hurtin on me.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 05-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #96
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cary View Post
AKA s are only like $57.00 for a set not $100.00
pro-line are $60.00 a set
Dam your getting one hell of a good deal then. The msrp is 49.99 a pair for mounted cityblocks and thats what their marked at my LHS.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #97
Tech Regular

Quote:
I wasnt trying to diss or bash the AKA's in any way. Ive seen the AKA's last longer and shorter compared to pro-line tires. I just like my holeshots on our local track. Plus, their cheaper here than AKA's. where are you getting AKA's for 60 bucks a set? must be online.

Support your LHS
Old 05-18-2009, 11:30 PM   #98
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Its really tough to support your LHS when they are 30% more than On-line, I have also seen some shops that sell at full retail, and even one that was stupid enough to mark something above retail and still have the retail price on it.

Can you imagine if we had to pay retail on the Kits? would you support your LHS if the new buggy you wanted was $300 more than a-main?

I know, I know the LHS have the tracks, blah, blah, blah, but not all tracks have LHS and I'll die a happy man if all LHS had tracks
Old 05-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #99
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Ah, Integra the AKA tire pimp!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:38 AM   #100
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Its really tough to support your LHS when they are 30% more than On-line, I have also seen some shops that sell at full retail, and even one that was stupid enough to mark something above retail and still have the retail price on it.

Can you imagine if we had to pay retail on the Kits? would you support your LHS if the new buggy you wanted was $300 more than a-main?

I know, I know the LHS have the tracks, blah, blah, blah, but not all tracks have LHS and I'll die a happy man if all LHS had tracks
Id rather pay an extra couple bucks for something to keep the track and LHS open. Sometimes friendships and having a good time racing is more important than a couple extra bucks. Just my opinion, but im sure a lot of people agree that a LHS that has supported you and your racing because you buy from them, is more important.

But then again, im not trying to start arguements. Im in Rc racing to have a good time and to have fun

Last edited by freestylinmotox; 05-19-2009 at 12:53 AM.
freestylinmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:18 AM   #101
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-E View Post
Ah, Integra the AKA tire pimp!!!

i think your starting to come around now Sam.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:54 AM   #102
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If I was to purchase everything from my local shop then I wouldnt have much. Sometimes the prices are almost double. Amain is a local shop to someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylinmotox View Post
Id rather pay an extra couple bucks for something to keep the track and LHS open. Sometimes friendships and having a good time racing is more important than a couple extra bucks. Just my opinion, but im sure a lot of people agree that a LHS that has supported you and your racing because you buy from them, is more important.

But then again, im not trying to start arguements. Im in Rc racing to have a good time and to have fun
Old 05-19-2009, 06:56 AM   #103
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

By the way, I spent over $4000 at my local shop in 2008 and I do most of my shopping online. I support my hobby !!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:25 AM   #104
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

Quote:
Nice and articulate buddy....I wish i could do the same ......but i get carried away sometime's.

its late i need Sleep....darn 6hr drive back from racing took a hurtin on me.
Wow...that's a harsh commute to go racing! We do appreciate you guys making the trip down to race with us. It's neat to call the Minnesota series an "international" series now.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #105
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkarTisu View Post
Wow...that's a harsh commute to go racing! We do appreciate you guys making the trip down to race with us. It's neat to call the Minnesota series an "international" series now.
its a blast coming down...it just sucks when the local boys bail and your forced to foot the bill yourself....But in the end its More then worth it....you guys have a Awesome Possum series....ill be back for year's to come.