R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-17-2009, 01:55 AM   #46
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
Your engine is getting loose becuase you are not using loctite on your hex bolts that bolt on from under the chassis. Get the blue loctie and put a small bead on the threads on every bolt.

Anytime you break the seal you will have to loctite it again.
you dont wanna loctite those screws. on losi anyway idk about other brands. on my losi if you loc tite those you have to dremel them out

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:15 AM   #47
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
you dont wanna loctite those screws. on losi anyway idk about other brands. on my losi if you loc tite those you have to dremel them out
The blue loc tite isn't as strong as red, so it makes it much easier to get off. I had the same problem, switched and everything has been kosher since.

And I'd rather be AZ in the summer. $40 golf, at places where it usually cost's $100+ that's heaven...not to mention TENS
NitroAmmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:27 AM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroAmmo View Post
The blue loc tite isn't as strong as red, so it makes it much easier to get off. I had the same problem, switched and everything has been kosher since.

And I'd rather be AZ in the summer. $40 golf, at places where it usually cost's $100+ that's heaven...not to mention TENS
well on a losi you put any loctit your not gettin the screw out with a hex driver, ive broken many tips and stripped many bolts with loc tite on those screws. since i just tighten them by hand and check b4 my first qualifer and b4 my main. never have any issues

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:39 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
I would like some cake about now. send me some!

oh and answer my last question if ya don't mind!
1.take the car apart meaning take the radio tray and the motor and gas tank off the chassis
2.spray entire chassis with simple green (i mean soak it down)
3.take a scrub brush and brush the stuborn areas
4.take a water hose and hose it off really good
5.shake all water off car and set it on top of a fan ,or blow it out good with an air compressor ...doest have to be completely dry just mostly dry
6.saok the whole car with wd-40 paying close attention to wheel hubs and outdrive cup areas ...then blow off the excess or put it on the fan again
7.take a shop rag and wipe everything down really good

you should be good to go ...been cleaning my car that way for 3 years ...and no problems

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:42 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
well on a losi you put any loctit your not gettin the screw out with a hex driver, ive broken many tips and stripped many bolts with loc tite on those screws. since i just tighten them by hand and check b4 my first qualifer and b4 my main. never have any issues

i always locktite these screws ...doesnt matter which brand ...use blue locktite and if you have to change something or take them off ...hit that area of the chassis with a heat gun and they will come out like butter .....just what works for me ...and should work universally

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:02 AM   #51
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wheres dreux?
Old 05-17-2009, 06:07 AM   #52
Tech Addict

Writting down another 90 Questions, and maybe what time should he should
eat

All good laugh
jamiekerr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #53
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I loctite my engine mounts on the chassis but have the quick change mounts. the stock ones are a waste of time.
Quote:
Old 05-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #54
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Doug, (losi Racer) allow me to introduce you to Tony's screws!..Never strip out another Screw, your Dremel will miss you though
Old 05-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

for those who care. Here is the latest from my world and i need some help. Ok, i found out that my gears were binding, so i stiped it down took out my driveshafts and everything (changed diff fluid while i was at it) well it turns out my gear mesh on my front diff was shimed on the wrong side. So i fixed it put it the front end together (not on my car) and it flowed freely. Put it on the car and it had a hang up in one spot per revolution (that explains why my tire was worn in just one spot) So i inspectied the gear box because it was rubbbing some where. Sanded and filed the gearbox put it together, still was rubbing. took it back apart and after meticulous inspection found out that the bevel gear had dug in just a little in the diff case and the plastic deposits were getting jamed in the conical gear. cleaned it all out filed and sanded some more, put it together and FINALLY very smooth with no hang ups. YAY!!!!! I then have a look at the clutch. The bell is rubbing bad on the shoe. I knew once the clutch bell came off it would not be pretty. Go to take it off the screw is striped, shit. Had to dremmel it out. Got in there and one of the clutch bearings was destroyed like pieces of metal inside the bell (just found this out. So now i need new clutch bearings and springs. All the gears are still new and no problems of wear. My engine was running GREAT!! still has good compression (although wont pass the 6 second flop test as well) but this explaines why my engine was running 260. I think this is my last issue for sure. I know my car and engine like the back of my hand. I could have never learned this from a ready to run or used kit. It had to be this way and am glad i have learned so much.

Now knowing what i know about about what just happend to my clutch and drivetrain how bad did i hurt my engine running it like that for a couple tanks??? It's a new engine and runs well but have any of you had a busted clutch and it effect your engine?? Or did it just put more drag on it and just heated it up for the day?? I know it wasn't good but i should be ok right???
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #56
Tech Elite

i have to bump guys. have to be up by 4 am.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #57
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Yep, you'll be good just put in new bearings, and check your clutch shoes and springs, I would check the teeth on the bell also, and also the teeth on the Pinion gears..The engine will be fine, its the gears and bulkheads, and clutch assembly you should check good..also the diff bearings and the bearings in the bulkheads front and rear..they need to be changes or cleaned/lubed every 1/2-1 gallon
Old 05-17-2009, 07:51 PM   #58
Tech Elite

here is a pic of my work area.

no wait look below.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Old 05-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #60
Tech Elite