Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #331
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcobra03 View Post
Get a losi Marcus and you'll have a good clutch setup lol
a clutch spring can break/hang on any clutch. You know this Jason. The losi clutch was great. I think im going to go with the asendency clutch.
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #332
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if only a clutch would make me a better driver. I will say driving at night when i am extremely tired, i just can't do. I need glasses and i have been telling my wife that. It's a shame that it takes a rc car race at night to get me to the eye doctor so i can get glasses to drive better

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #333
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Any clutch can break Rob no doubt, it was good seeing you out ther burning some nitro. The track had alot of shadows so it was alittle hard for all of us to see. It took me awhile to adjust, just in time for the mains lol.
Kyosho ZX6/Orion R10 Pro-VST 6.5
jwcobra03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #334
Tech Elite

i am a tech elite and your a tech adept. Now that is funny right there. If they only knew

Mugen
Old 06-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #335
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcobra03 View Post
Any clutch can break Rob no doubt, it was good seeing you out ther burning some nitro. The track had alot of shadows so it was alittle hard for all of us to see. It took me awhile to adjust, just in time for the mains lol.
I couldn't see nothing for the mains. I was lucky i was able to make it arround the track it was that bad. If i hadnt run on the track before i wouldnt have been able to tell you where the jumps were. Night races are NOT my strong point at all.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #336
Tech Elite

they have more day races then night races i hope. All the other ones i have been to have been day races.

Mugen
Old 06-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #337
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
they have more day races then night races i hope. All the other ones i have been to have been day races.
now that summer is in full swing everyone wants to race at night. Not to mention the same night every week. Get used to thin turnouts until the track get together and work something out as far as schedule goes.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #338
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
if only a clutch would make me a better driver. I will say driving at night when i am extremely tired, i just can't do. I need glasses and i have been telling my wife that. It's a shame that it takes a rc car race at night to get me to the eye doctor so i can get glasses to drive better
Come on guys you guys you havent raced until you have ran right after a downpour in the swamp mud where every car on the track looks exactly the same or at night with 30-40mph wind almost blowing you off the drivers stand. Your eyes water up and you cry as you navigate the track. The wind was so fierce I lost another pop up tent. A few shadows at night are childs play.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #339
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to imaxx21

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
now that summer is in full swing everyone wants to race at night. Not to mention the same night every week. Get used to thin turnouts until the track get together and work something out as far as schedule goes.
honestly
Old 06-02-2010, 05:01 AM   #340
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Come on guys you guys you havent raced until you have ran right after a downpour in the swamp mud where every car on the track looks exactly the same or at night with 30-40mph wind almost blowing you off the drivers stand. Your eyes water up and you cry as you navigate the track. The wind was so fierce I lost another pop up tent. A few shadows at night are childs play.

Mugen
Old 06-02-2010, 05:21 AM   #341
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Shadows werent the word. It was like racing on a 200ft track with a flashlight at the 4 corners. I have raced in just about any condition you can think of. Even snow. I will take them all over racing at night with poor lighting.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #342
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
a clutch spring can break/hang on any clutch. You know this Jason. The losi clutch was great. I think im going to go with the asendency clutch.
Micros,

You are right. Anything is possable. BUT we have sold a TON of clutches and have never had a cutch spring break. We have never even heard rumor of one breaking.

Dreaux and Integra,

If you would like to try one of our clutches let me know. jason@ascendancyrc.com I am positive you would be added to the list of happy customers!!!! It is the best thing since sliced bread LOL

See you at the track.
janderson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #343
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default ok- i just have to jump in

Dreaux - I contacted you before when I first got my cars - you live near me, but we have yet to hook up . I've been hanging out at SCR and getting into some racing - LOTS OF FUN! I am so hooked When you get back in town, lets hook up and go race/practice together - Watson's new track is very cool

I didn't realize you were famous and had your own thread! I read it all- funny stuff! I have had so many questions, but I usually go bother Jason at the track - he's always got good advice

Anyone racing tonight at SCR? My K cars are in pieces right now so no races for me until this weekend - but we can rebuild them ' better, stronger, faster' just like the six-million dollar man!
fixitfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #344
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixitfreddy View Post
Dreaux - I contacted you before when I first got my cars - you live near me, but we have yet to hook up . I've been hanging out at SCR and getting into some racing - LOTS OF FUN! I am so hooked When you get back in town, lets hook up and go race/practice together - Watson's new track is very cool

I didn't realize you were famous and had your own thread! I read it all- funny stuff! I have had so many questions, but I usually go bother Jason at the track - he's always got good advice

Anyone racing tonight at SCR? My K cars are in pieces right now so no races for me until this weekend - but we can rebuild them ' better, stronger, faster' just like the six-million dollar man!
definitley! Jason and micros are really cool guys for sure. And they are very fast. I only run sprortsman but i love it. You can never have to many friends. Especially if you go to practice, hate going up and down the stairs everytime my car flips which can be quite a lot But i am getting much better. need more races under my belt

also this thread is more of an indictment of my compulsive behavior rather then a claim to fame i promise you

Mugen
Old 06-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #345
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default I know what you mean......

Who knew you would get so much exercise racing RC cars! Its' a stairmaster in disguise

Yea, Jason rocks - I just figured out who he was on here. He is very fast, and cool as a cucumber - I realized real quick after watching him race that I could learn a few things or 10 from him. I've been questioning him at the track ever since He's always been very cool- people like Jason make this hobby fun.

I don't know micros - at least I don't think I do - I may have met him at SCR or Springfield, but I don't know - If you see me micros, then give me a shout out - its always great to put a name with a face. I'm the guy with the nitro Kyosho's - a ST-RR and a 777 sp2. you've probably flipped my car back over more than once

I am not too fast yet - I race sportsman too. I've raced 4 times now, and probably practiced that many times as well. I won one race at SCR, but I think maybe it was more like all my competition lost I still have a lot to learn about setting up my cars right -
fixitfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote