R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #301
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 307
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Learned much this young padawan has.

Now if he would quit being a puss and come race all would be good. There are a lot of people who cant wait to finally put a face to the name.

Dreaux there is going to be a big club race next weekend in Lafayette. You should come, everyone there is always super helpful and good people. There are several sponsored Mugen guys there who can answer any questions you can come up with. I will even volunteer to pit you all night. Plus that will give you a whole new group of questions to ask on driving skills.
matrixmike28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #302
Tech Master
 
cary's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,914
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

+1 on this. all you have to say is. you know that guy on R/C Tech
and very one will say Dreaux !!! and start to smile or just bust out laughing
from the under water to smashing in to a tree at WFO.


Dreaux, thanks for the entertainment! And, thank you for your total over-the-top enthusiasm for this hobby of ours. I give you props, my friend - you have come a long way! Have a great year![/QUOTE]
__________________
Xray XB8 14,AE RC8T3,XB9 13,Kyosho wheeler,Losi SCTE 2.0,+ More
> The Animal,Frank L. Jr. <
~~~~RedRock Hobbies~~~~
cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #303
Tech Elite
 
DOMIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Posts: 4,034
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmike28 View Post
Learned much this young padawan has.

Now if he would quit being a puss and come race all would be good. There are a lot of people who cant wait to finally put a face to the name.

Dreaux there is going to be a big club race next weekend in Lafayette. You should come, everyone there is always super helpful and good people. There are several sponsored Mugen guys there who can answer any questions you can come up with. I will even volunteer to pit you all night. Plus that will give you a whole new group of questions to ask on driving skills.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cary View Post
+1 on this. all you have to say is. you know that guy on R/C Tech
and very one will say Dreaux !!! and start to smile or just bust out laughing
from the under water to smashing in to a tree at WFO.


Dreaux, thanks for the entertainment! And, thank you for your total over-the-top enthusiasm for this hobby of ours. I give you props, my friend - you have come a long way! Have a great year!
[/quote]

+1

Dreaux, you ARE going to race at the RC Pro South race down there this year, RIGHT?
__________________
Brad "DOMIT" Smith - I'm not fast, but at least I wreck a lot.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #304
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

You guys are too much. I will do my best to be at the next race where ever it may be.

but i have funny work schedules. The last race at Watson i was told it would be Saturday night, so i called at 10 o clock Saturday morning only to find out it was starting at twelve.

No way was i ready. What ever the next race is local, i will plan ahead and i will make sure i am there.

thanx for all the nice words.
__________________
"You are not understanding the fundamental principles of my fragmented personality"

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #305
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 307
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
You guys are too much. I will do my best to be at the next race where ever it may be.

but i have funny work schedules. The last race at Watson i was told it would be Saturday night, so i called at 10 o clock Saturday morning only to find out it was starting at twelve.

No way was i ready. What ever the next race is local, i will plan ahead and i will make sure i am there.

thanx for all the nice words.
The 23rd at Finishline in Lafayette. Start time is 3:00 be there or be square. There will probably be quite a few Watson guys there.
matrixmike28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #306
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I actually have a stupid question. Thought i should ask it here


I was at walmart today getting some supplies, and went to automotive to get some grease. They did not have mobil 1 so i got a tube of Super Tech-multi duty complex grease.

Says it's for extreme pressure and hi temperature.

I figured it would be ok. I have about 40 old mugen bearings that i am cleaning and repacking.

This will be ok right? even the same color.

Btw, mugen bearings after this long still have no play. They really are worth cleaning and repacking.
__________________
"You are not understanding the fundamental principles of my fragmented personality"

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #307
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
I actually have a stupid question. Thought i should ask it here


I was at walmart today getting some supplies, and went to automotive to get some grease. They did not have mobil 1 so i got a tube of Super Tech-multi duty complex grease.

Says it's for extreme pressure and hi temperature.

I figured it would be ok. I have about 40 old mugen bearings that i am cleaning and repacking.

This will be ok right? even the same color.

Btw, mugen bearings after this long still have no play. They really are worth cleaning and repacking.
It will work its not quite the same as the synthetic Mobil 1 stuff but I am sure it will be fine. I mean its what they use on the 1:1

Just one question though>>>> Does it say waterproof?
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #308
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

,
__________________
"You are not understanding the fundamental principles of my fragmented personality"

Mugen

Last edited by dreaux; 05-30-2010 at 06:55 PM.
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #309
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

ah the good times


i have a question. I had a clutch spring break during my main yesterday. I don't know how long i was running with it like that but it was a while. I couldn't figure out why my driving was so bad. I got frustrated after a couple bad wrecks and droped out, i did not realize until i got home that my clutch had a broken spring with a hanging shoe. One of my shoes is fried, which is not a big deal. What i wanted to know is, how bad is this for the engine? It never went over 230 that i know of.
__________________
"You are not understanding the fundamental principles of my fragmented personality"

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #310
Tech Master
 
jnslprd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,189
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

i never believed these guys that said that you have to ALWAYS check your clutch during the race day, it is 100% truth.

somebody should post a thread on prooper clutch installation, and maintenance. I still like 3 shoe clutches and really dont want to spend $100 on aftermarket when the stock stuff is usally good.
jnslprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #311
Tech Master
 
omarwashington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kenmore, WA
Posts: 1,088
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the reminder, its about time to check mine again
__________________
RCCARS!
omarwashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #312
Tech Elite
 
imaxx21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to imaxx21
Default

$54 for the best clutch around

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...lutch-Kit-34mm
__________________
-Crash
Upgrade RC www.upgrade-rc.com
imaxx21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #313
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

are the clutch shoes hard or soft.
__________________
"You are not understanding the fundamental principles of my fragmented personality"

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #314
Tech Elite
 
imaxx21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to imaxx21
Default

its not like the m2c with 37 different shoe compounds and hardness levels...


they're 7075 and hard, all you need
__________________
-Crash
Upgrade RC www.upgrade-rc.com
imaxx21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:41 PM   #315
Tech Fanatic
 
Mr. Bojangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Havelock, NC
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaxx21 View Post
+1 on that. Best clutch ever. Wear is awesome!
__________________
Josh
TEAM BOJANGLES RACING
Ascendancy Racing
Z01-T JG O'Donnell SS.21 Powered---FOR SALE
HPI Blitz
Mr. Bojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:28 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net