R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

I think sometimes you just need to calm down and think some of this stuff through. Most don't mind helping, but a new thread for every thought is just annoying. You said you have a track nearby, roam around and learn something from your local experience racers. At least you can see if you're getting good info from people who actually know what they're doing rather than a bunch of people on a forum who have no idea what they're talking about. I am amazed at how people will give advice and opinions on items they've never even used themselves.

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

man the next rctech TOOL is born ...i see 3k posts and an expert on everything in the making

rock on druex you gotta start some where
i got a link for ya

www.rcuniverse.com :t ire::tir e: :t ire::tir e:

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
I am just tickled. I will even go back and erase my others.

ok. how often should i change my shock oil???

How long does a reciever battery pack fully charged usually last???

How can i hook up a lever for my gas tank so i can fill my tank without taking my body off???
1. for your shock oil, there is a good test when it needs to be changed. Flip your car over and push gently on the shocks. If you feel any air anywhere in the shock, then the shock needs to be replenished or oil needs to be replaced.

2. depends on the size of battery, your vehicle, and your servos. My truggy that has 2 digital servos usually can get 2-3 7 minute quals in before it dumps. It only has a 1400Mah though and i run 2 digital servos. With 1 digital servo, a 1600Mah can possibly last 4-5 7 minute quals.

3.take 2 zipties and string them together and put fuel tube on the end for grip when fueling up!!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

At least he's not asking the same old which motor is better question, or should i get an 8ight or an Xray question.
I've Armour all'd my tires for looks before myself, right or wrong it looks good til you hit the track.
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #20
Tech Master

I have a good question for this thread. Is mars or Venus closer to the earths moon On July 4TH 2010? Sorry dreaux but I finally found a question that might not be awnsered with the search function.
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #21
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
I think sometimes you just need to calm down and think some of this stuff through. Most don't mind helping, but a new thread for every thought is just annoying. You said you have a track nearby, roam around and learn something from your local experience racers. At least you can see if you're getting good info from people who actually know what they're doing rather than a bunch of people on a forum who have no idea what they're talking about. I am amazed at how people will give advice and opinions on items they've never even used themselves.
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just broke my car down. cleaned it with wd40 (all i have). I took the wheel hubs and drive shafts out. cleaned the bearings because my whole drive system was locking up from dirt. My question is, should i pack the outdrives and wheel hubs with greese??? Or just put it where it has in the manual?? I have been putting alot of greese and i think the grease is attracting dirt and making it bind up. Any way have it all clean and ready to put back together. I think i will just grease the pins that go inside the axel in the wheel hub. Does that sound right?

also will wd40 hurt my plastic?? I took the radio tray, engine, fuel tank out and pretty much blasted the rest with wd40 and got after it with a toothbrush. I heard of people doing this. Just wondering if too much might be bad for the plastics.
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch man View Post
I have a good question for this thread. Is mars or Venus closer to the earths moon On July 4TH 2010? Sorry dreaux but I finally found a question that might not be awnsered with the search function.
venus.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
1995 pages from Dreaux...5 from people actually answering questions
I thought I was bad. This guy takes the cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 10:02 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
I thought I was bad. This guy takes the cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would like some cake about now. send me some!

oh and answer my last question if ya don't mind!
Old 05-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #26
Tech Prophet

this some wacky stuff ,

kind of a good thing somebody started this guy his own thread since he was the one clogging up the airwaves
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 05-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
this some wacky stuff ,

kind of a good thing somebody started this guy his own thread since he was the one clogging up the airwaves

All I can say is that he has had more questionsed answered than I have had. Nearly every thread goes to 2 or 3 pages. Kinda sucks when you start a new thread and only get 2 replies.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #28
Tech Prophet

Quote:
All I can say is that he has had more questionsed answered than I have had. Nearly every thread goes to 2 or 3 pages. Kinda sucks when you start a new thread and only get 2 replies.
just read around a bit and you will find about 99% of your Q's already asked and answered

stay cool
Old 05-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
just read around a bit and you will find about 99% of your Q's already asked and answered

stay cool
Houston

Everythings cool. I didnt mean it like that and wasnt complaining. Just acknowledging that he is getting exactly what he asks for. Its all good plus its entertaining.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #30
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
You have a bunch of people you can call, plus you actually race, so you get help at the track also. You also ask more difficult thought out questions..not questions like, what color should I paint my car?