Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DREAUX'S PERSONAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i knew i had it backwards. thanx. I really like the xray air filter neck you gave me. but i am having trouble ordering the right foam's for it. Will the black ones they sell for the 808 fit it?
Old 06-06-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Dreaux
it is saturday you should be racing not on hear
we don't race till tomorrow so i can be
Old 06-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default filters

that was me that gave you the filter. its an xray neck with losi housing. so you need losi filters. we racing you coimin out.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

I wish i could have made it. I had to work My friend made it, he said the amain was totally sick. One of the best races he has ever seen. When he said that i felt even worse for having to miss it.

Question. When i put my car on the stand and turn the wheels, the front ones turn in almost exact unison with the other side (the other front wheel) having a very small delay. On the back tires when i turn one of them the other side turns on a bigger delay. It's very noticable. The front not so much, you have to really look at it. If i turn both front tires the back ones turn in unison with a small delay. Does this makes sense? Does this mean i have too much play in my rear diff. I painstakingly made sure it was shimed right front and rear. The front only needed one shim (for less mesh) while i thought the back needed none. Does this mean i need to shim the back with one shim for more mesh?? How much play is normal? Just a tick?

Hate to take my rear end apart for nothing. Not that it's that much trouble. The front end however can be a pain in the you know what.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jdcavin
that was me that gave you the filter. its an xray neck with losi housing. so you need losi filters. we racing you coimin out.
and standard wrenches
Old 06-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
I wish i could have made it. I had to work My friend made it, he said the amain was totally sick. One of the best races he has ever seen. When he said that i felt even worse for having to miss it.

Question. When i put my car on the stand and turn the wheels, the front ones turn in almost exact unison with the other side (the other front wheel) having a very small delay. On the back tires when i turn one of them the other side turns on a bigger delay. It's very noticable. The front not so much, you have to really look at it. If i turn both front tires the back ones turn in unison with a small delay. Does this makes sense? Does this mean i have too much play in my rear diff. I painstakingly made sure it was shimed right front and rear. The front only needed one shim (for less mesh) while i thought the back needed none. Does this mean i need to shim the back with one shim for more mesh?? How much play is normal? Just a tick?

Hate to take my rear end apart for nothing. Not that it's that much trouble. The front end however can be a pain in the you know what.

your just seeing the difference in diff fluid thickness, as long as its smooth and free just leave it. I assume you did 7-5-2 which is std. on the mbx6?
Old 06-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

yea. Stock set up. So the front still has the same delay just takes longer to catch up so you can't notice it. I can't believe i did not think of that. Glad asked. Because i could of, you know.......... .......... ........... ........... ......... ....... ....... ....... ........ ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

took my rear end apart shimed my diff for no good reason, and blown another clutch!!!!! YIIIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux

i think you are feeling the slop in the bone's and out drive's....Look directly at them when turning the wheel's and visually see how much it take's before the bone's click over and push the way your turning....the slop in the cvd itself could also be causing what you are feeling....I might be right out to left feild on this...but when i read what you said that is what came to mind....might help...might not.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

well that is what it is. When i take the slop out and keep the presure on then turn the wheels, it doesn't do it. But the thing is the front wheels have the same amount of slop. So why isn't it so much in the front? When i hold the rear tires and turn the front it is considerably harder then if i hold the front and turn the back. Should my wheels be that much harder to turn with 5,000 vs 2,000?? Btw, brand new fluid, gaskets, o rings etc.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

excuse my stupidity. I know what the outdrives and axles, hinge pins etc. but which part is the cvd?? Is that the part where the front and rear drive shafts conect?
Old 06-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Initiate

The car is fine, thats normal!! Go run it!! Stop wrenching on it before you break something!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, i am researching servos. Every one says for steering get the hitech 7955. It has 333oz of torque at 6.0 volts. It also has a speed of .18. Now airtronics has one 94780m and it has 423oz of torque!! at a speed of .15! For throtle airtronics makes 94758. It has a speed of (get this), 0.06 seconds!! Holy cow those are some impressive specs.

Now here is my question. Why all the love for hitech?? Airtronics makes very high quality radios (i have a m11). with the specs on thease servos, you would think everyone would have one. Do they break?? So they have a shitty waranty??

What gives? Are they as good as the specs say?

How many gallons will i get out of them
Old 06-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

No one likes them because HobbyPeople owns them.

All kidding aside those 400oz servos are great on truggys, but Hitecs TG servos have proven themselves indestructible.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

what about the airtronics high speed? 0.06 For 90$ is it worth it? It doesn't really need to be indestructable to operate my carby

which hitech would be best for my throtle?
Old 06-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Dreaux, people recommend Hitch because they send you a new servo if you ever have a problem..Sometimes even 4 or 5 years later! You cant beat that anywhere

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.