R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #226
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
rebuilding my diffs, did front and rear, went to put the center back together and can't find the o-ring that goes on the outdrive shaft on the inside of the spur gear. I have a smaller one (i think it's for the shocks) i can put it on but when i turn the outdrive it's a little tighter then normal. Can i still use it?
There is a reason they use different size o-rings for the diffs and shocks....it really isnt that hard to figure out.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #227
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yeah, riigghhtt. Since other people order and use different size o rings in thier diffs i thought it was a valid question. The hobby shops in this town cary o rings by duratrax and associated all for shocks. they are in between the small ones for the planetary gears and the bigger one's. Some people order the oversized ones from tony, so i thought it might work. this is all i will be able to get before the weekend, if i order them i wont be here till after the weekend. I mean it really isn't that hard to figure out.

guess i will have to hope the hardware store has them by chance.
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #228
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
yeah, riigghhtt. Since other people order and use different size o rings in thier diffs i thought it was a valid question. The hobby shops in this town cary o rings by duratrax and associated all for shocks. they are in between the small ones for the planetary gears and the bigger one's. Some people order the oversized ones from tony, so i thought it might work. this is all i will be able to get before the weekend, if i order them i wont be here till after the weekend. I mean it really isn't that hard to figure out.

You are learning a very valuable lesson here, which is, always have spare parts on hand especially o-rings, diff and shock fluid, clutch shoes, clutch springs, A-arms, Wing mount, and clutch bells..most importantly....BEARINGS!!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #229
Tech Elite

yup bearings on the way.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #230
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
You are learning a very valuable lesson here, which is, always have spare parts on hand especially o-rings, diff and shock fluid, clutch shoes, clutch springs, A-arms, Wing mount, and clutch bells..most importantly....BEARINGS!!

I concur.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #231
Tech Master

Quote:

If you have a local online shop, order to tonight and you should get it by saturday. Thats what I usually do from amain, which is a few hundred miles away.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Old 05-28-2009, 06:43 AM   #232
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a spare for just about every part of my buggy. I may never need them but I'll be damned if a $2 part will keep me from completing my day of racing after I have driven an hour or more depending on where Im gonna race. Im heading to the Rc Pro Series rd #2 in Wilsonville, Al on June 5th, its 4 hours away. It would be pretty stupid of me if I didnt have extra parts. My first hobby is racing, my second hobby is buying parts so I am ready to race. It kills me to see someone at the track have to call it quits because they broke an arm or something simple. Be prepared DREAUX !! Always !!!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #233
Tech Elite

first off. Sorry chris, wans't trying to be a smartass.

second off. I was taking my muffler off to cleand it, and was noticing the pinch on my motor. When i turn it, it still has compression, But not as much as before. Quite a bit less actually. You can forget a 6 second flop test. Is this because i finally got it running right and it has expanded properly. I have about 2.5 gallons on it. I have had it for about a month. After i broke it in, It was off and on with how it ran. I had a hard time getting it to run right. It had alot of compression the whole time (like 2 gallons). Now i have had no problems and it has started right up and kept it's tune. Is it normal to have this little of pinch?? How much pinch should i have?? I know this is quite hard for anyone to answer. I am just concerned i guess. How much does your engine have?? I know i sound crazy huh?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #234
Tech Elite

**crickets**
Old 05-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #235
Tech Addict

you worry about things too much. Of course the pinch will be less. First of all, you dont need to be turning over the piston with it being cold. Thats when things get damaged. IF ITS RUNNING FINE LEAVE IT ALONE BEFORE IT NO LONGER RUNS FINE ANYMORE.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 PM   #236
Tech Elite

Thanx, but jeez you don't have to yell at me

Besides, what about times when you turn it over on the starter box (when it's cold) and can't get it to start and you turn it over about a bizillion times??? I know the fuel has lubrication, but still. I do have a fair amount of after run oil in mine. I turned it over quite a few times, did i damage it?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #237
Tech Regular

Quote:

Besides, what about times when you turn it over on the starter box (when it's cold) and can't get it to start and you turn it over about a bizillion times??? I know the fuel has lubrication, but still. I do have a fair amount of after run oil in mine. I turned it over quite a few times, did i damage it?
Did you try priming it? Plug the exhaust till you see fuel go into the carb then let your finger off the exhaust. Usually fires right up.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #238
Tech Master

How were you being a smartass?

If you turn it over a bizillion times, you must be doing something wrong. I try to preheat my engien before every start of the day, btu that sometimes doesnt work out.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #239
Tech Elite

I had problems starting when i first started. No problems now. Fires right up. I have already conceeded that i will have to replace this piston and sleeve. I buy the next set with a heat gun. Funny how they don't tell you how much preheating helps in the instruction manual.

good night.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #240
Tech Addict

You should always preheat your engines before starting, right dreaux ? I know you have been told that a billion times.
Quote: