R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (67%+)
Default Operating temp for sirio kanai evo3 sti

I thnk I'm runnng a bit rich on my sirio stays around 180-187. I know on my sportwerks .26 I was told to run around 230 but I'm not to sure about the sirio and I don't want to damage the engine. If it is to rich is it better to just lean the low speed or a combination of low and high speed.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane369 View Post
I thnk I'm runnng a bit rich on my sirio stays around 180-187. I know on my sportwerks .26 I was told to run around 230 but I'm not to sure about the sirio and I don't want to damage the engine. If it is to rich is it better to just lean the low speed or a combination of low and high speed.
Is it just broken in??? I say that because i was running very low temps even after my break in. after break in, it started getting up to temp esier. I would say 190 is to cold for any engine. If it's idleing good lean out the HSN a hour at a time. Then lean your LSN to get the snap you want. If it's bogging down at idle lean the LSN a hour at a time. But try not to make your idle gap too big.

I don't know if this makes any sense
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if you start getting diminished smoke at med to high throtle and your buggy stalls you have go[/URL]ne to far. Also don't lean just to make your engine run warmer. listen to it. If it sounds blubery and fat it's to rich. If it sounds like it is starving for fuel it's to lean. Here is a flow chart that helped me a WHOLEHELLUVALOThttp://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60832
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (67%+)

I was told it's take a good bit of nitro to break this engne in, but it's got almost a gallon and a half thru it. I'm getting a good trail of smoke from the exhaust when I throttle out of a corner. It ran great thru 3 qualifiers the other day my pit guy that's helpi g me learn leaned it a bit and in the main idled fine dropped the buggy to start 20 ft died, started again 10ft died, so I states n the throttle when it started again. Rounded a turn died again pulled it and checked engine temp 186. It just doesn't seem to have any pop really. I was told that the sirio was gonna be to much for me being new, buy haven't seen it yet. Anyone know the factory needle settings for this engine?
Old 05-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

tune to performance not temps, there are a lot of new fuels out there that just cool really well, if you tune to temps and try to lean a motor to run a certain temperature it will explode. good smoke 1/2-3/4 of the straight away and consistent idle for 20 seconds with no bog if you punch it, then check temps. i was running a borrowed cl7b last week and it ran awesome at 180. also different temp guns can get different readings, one will read 180 and the other 210, tune to smoke and idle only.
AKA, Proline, Hotbodies Rubber
Elite Performance - HORRC.com
j_blaze14 is offline   Reply With Quote