Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Need help with TIRE removal >

Need help with TIRE removal

Need help with TIRE removal

Old 05-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Need help with TIRE removal

I have some 1/8 buggy tires that I want to remove, I want to try and save the tires and possibly the foams. I bought these and the rims or not correct for my buggy and they are in poor condition but the tires are new Badlands. Any help would be great.

--John
Old 05-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wheels4
I have some 1/8 buggy tires that I want to remove, I want to try and save the tires and possibly the foams. I bought these and the rims or not correct for my buggy and they are in poor condition but the tires are new Badlands. Any help would be great.

--John
boil them or bake them. either way i wouldnt reuse the foams. if you boil them just boil water put the tire in the water for a good 10 min and take the tire out and let cool it should peel right off.

if you bake them bake at 375 for 10-15 take them out after it should peel off

if they dont put in longer
Old 05-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wheels4

--John
Get an empty paint can, put a brick or 2 and about an inch of acetone in the bottom. Set the tires on top of the brick. Be sure the can seals tight or the acetone will evaporate. You can put as many tires in as you want, they don't need to be touching the acetone at all, the fumes break down the CA glue and the tires peel right off the rim. The foams *might* still be useful after this but I've never had good foams come out of tires that I was pulling off rims. Overnight usually does the trick.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help they are in the pot now boiling, I have some feed back soon.