Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
v spec or v spec worlds >

v spec or v spec worlds

v spec or v spec worlds

Old 05-16-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default v spec or v spec worlds

is the worlds addition worth the extra $$?
if any of you have driven both, what is the difference in preformance?
how would either of then compair to the rb ws7?

thanks

randy
Old 05-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I suppose you mean V-Spec vs. V-Spec Speed (or simply "Speed"). The "Worlds" bit is a Speed with different print and a drilled head.

I own three V-Specs and one Speed. There is a difference between them. For me, I can run a smaller venturi (carb insert) for longer runtimes and still have more power than my plain V-Specs.

Is it $250 better? Not for me. I'm not a pro. The only reason I own a Speed is because a fellow racer had an extra one, new in the box, for $300. I couldn't pass that deal up. When the Speed is past its usefulness to me, I won't replace it unless I can get another one for $300, lol. I'll go back to the V-Spec.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

+1 for the post above
Old 05-16-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Stock Vspec= Strong bottom and top, very good run time, switchy power band, short engine life (5 gallons average) due to non-coated crank and oil hole in crank instead of rod

Worlds edition = Excellent power bottom to top, excellent run time, smooth linear power band, double the life of a stock Vspec due to coated crank and oil hole in the rod

Best value = Ninja JX21. Excellent power bottom to top, excellent run time, Smoother than stock Vspec but not as smooth as worlds ed., long engine life due to coated crank and oil hole in rod.

All of these engines have more bottom and comparable top end to the WS7. I would say the worlds and JX will both last as long as the WS7.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joey Powell
Stock Vspec= Strong bottom and top, very good run time, switchy power band, short engine life (5 gallons average) due to non-coated crank and oil hole in crank instead of rod

Worlds edition = Excellent power bottom to top, excellent run time, smooth linear power band, double the life of a stock Vspec due to coated crank and oil hole in the rod

Best value = Ninja JX21. Excellent power bottom to top, excellent run time, Smoother than stock Vspec but not as smooth as worlds ed., long engine life due to coated crank and oil hole in rod.

All of these engines have more bottom and comparable top end to the WS7. I would say the worlds and JX will both last as long as the WS7.
+1. Dollar for dollar the jx ninja is hard to beat. Runs very close to the speed, but costs a little more than the v spec.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks guys for the advice. i have run the ws 7's for a while and love them but after running a ninja i have been looking into other engines to run. i had a air filter tube failure and sucked dirt through the ninja after less than 2 gal but should have a new piston and sleeve for it in a few days but still i am looking for a new engine . still torn between the v spec and the worlds addition.

randy
Old 05-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how would you compare the trinity extech to the ninja???? are they about equal? is the ninja as hard to tune as everybody says???
Old 05-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hard to tune ??? who told you that lol mugen jx21 w/ ttr 2035 pipe ,im racing on medium size track i hardly bother the needles.......os vspec21 -raw power, jx21 -smooth power ...........i really dont know about os speed ,& im not or ever plan to get one but thinking to try the reedy 21 on the future
Old 05-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

my ninja was very easy to tune while it lasted(see above post ). i can't wait to get mine back together again.

randy
Old 05-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

modded v-spec = the shizzy
Old 05-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

X2 to everything. IMO the ninja is really hard to beat right now. If you do get a speed, you may be able to find the normal aluminum head speed for cheaper than the worlds. Same engine internally, just a different head, some engraving and smaller carb inserts.

deraux- the JX ninja like any other OS engine is very easy to tune. You may be thinking about the older GRP based ninjas. Ninja is an awesome engine with great longevety.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

i know the ninja and the v spec have more bottom end than the ws7 but how would the rb c6 compair?

randy
Old 05-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

You must not be tuning the v-spec right if your only getting 5 gallons. In my area, ive seen v-specs get up to 15-20 gallons with just 1 piston/sleeve change. Normally v-specs should last at least 9 gallons without having to replace the piston/and or sleeve.

V-spec is overall a good motor. If you want to take things a step further, then go with a speed. It will hurt your wallet bigtime though. The Speed has to much power unless your on a HUGE, FAST track. Otherwise its not necessary. V-spec is good in every aspect IMO.

The V-spec is well worth its $300 pricetag!

Just my 2 cents!
Old 05-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestylinmotox
You must not be tuning the v-spec right if your only getting 5 gallons. In my area, ive seen v-specs get up to 15-20 gallons with just 1 piston/sleeve change. Normally v-specs should last at least 9 gallons without having to replace the piston/and or sleeve.

V-spec is overall a good motor. If you want to take things a step further, then go with a speed. It will hurt your wallet bigtime though. The Speed has to much power unless your on a HUGE, FAST track. Otherwise its not necessary. V-spec is good in every aspect IMO.

The V-spec is well worth its $300 pricetag!

Just my 2 cents!
I agree about longevety. My v-spec has about 8 gallons on it now and is running strong. IMO there is no reason that v-specs shouldn't last 10 gallons with just bearings and a rod if you treat them well.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I agree about longevety. My v-spec has about 8 gallons on it now and is running strong. IMO there is no reason that v-specs shouldn't last 10 gallons with just bearings and a rod if you treat them well.
On that subject JAMMIN, when would you change the bearings in a v-spec? ive heard after break in and ive also heard after 4-5 gallons. Would you also upgrade to ceramics??

-Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.