R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default LOSI 2.0 or MUGEN MBX6 Truggies?

Hey people

I have been researching and researching and came down to the MUGEN MBX6T and the LOSI 2.0T...

What are the goods and bad of each because I want to make a final decision on which one too buy...

Something I really want in the truggy is easy wrenching and accessibility...

Thank you
RUF-VK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUF-VK View Post
Hey people

I have been researching and researching and came down to the MUGEN MBX6T and the LOSI 2.0T...

What are the goods and bad of each because I want to make a final decision on which one too buy...

Something I really want in the truggy is easy wrenching and accessibility...

Thank you
the mugen truggy not out but i would much rather have the mugen over the 2.0 i driven a few 2.0 and i dont like how lose they are
Old 05-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Where is the cheapest online hobby store to buy a MUGEN or LOSI from? Because on AMAIN hobbies the LOSI is $699 while the Mugen is $570...

I am mainly looking for how easy maintenance is, also I am pretty sure the LOSI won the truggy in Puerto Rico didn't it? I am not really looking for any biased answeres I want up front answers...
Old 05-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Where is the cheapest online hobby store to buy a MUGEN or LOSI from? Because on AMAIN hobbies the LOSI is $699 while the Mugen is $570...

I am mainly looking for how easy maintenance is, also I am pretty sure the LOSI won the truggy in Puerto Rico didn't it? I am not really looking for any biased answeres I want up front answers...
Once you proceed to checkout the Losi will pop up with the price of $599.

I just purchased a 2.0 a few weeks ago and love it, handles great and is a blast to drive.

I'm sure the Mugen will be a good truck as well, it's just not out yet so it's gonna be hard to get a lot of opinions on it yet.
Jay Stuart #66
slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Old 05-14-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

So is the LOSI in general more expensive than the MUGEN?

Thought it would of been around the other way since I keep hearing of MUGEN and XRAY parts quality being the best in RC...

So is $599 the cheapest price in the US?

Thank you
Old 05-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Quote:

Thought it would of been around the other way since I keep hearing of MUGEN and XRAY parts quality being the best in RC...

Thank you
let put this way i have ran the dog hell out my buggy i have 6 gallons on and the only thing i have broke is a rear gear box and tower for flaming out on the strightaway

and i gone tell you how it is if it junk or good i love my mugen for a reason you cant break it lol

ohh and i drove ever rc car but a gs last year soooo i know my cars
Old 05-14-2009, 11:58 PM   #8
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:

Thank you
a lot of people drive losi in az who race and to be honest in the 20 min mains we have at the nitro pit a lot of times people drop out because of broken parts and the majority of people left are losi.

i do drive one, i never drove a mugen or xray. and the only part ive even broken on a buggy was the tower and i havent broken anything on a truggy 1.0 or 2.0 and im not easy on my stuff either

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #9
Tech Apprentice

How is it wrenching wise?
Old 05-15-2009, 02:21 AM   #10
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

the mugen will be a higher quality, parts will last longer, drivetrain will stay tighter longer, there arent many mbx6t's out there right now, i saw one last sat at the track it looked good, the 2.0t is a good handling truck, by the looks of the mugen its gonna be just as good, maybe even better
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:48 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic

This forum has got to have more of these useless "this vs. that" threads of any forum I visit. Don't take it the wrong way - it's a reasonable question (most of the time), but the answers that you get with threads like this will leave you no more informed when it's over than when it started. It's one of those questions that not even worth asking given the typical replies, including this one.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:59 AM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

This thread could be useful in a month or so. Right now, no one on this forum has an MBX6-T unless they're sponsored or bought it from Japan. No one is going to be able to make a first-hand comparison for you.
Breakin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:16 AM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I would give the Mugen a good grade on quality of parts. However when you need to replace parts they are expensive compared to others. I have driven the 2.0 and it's the truck to beat right now. I am sure the Mugen will compete with the current truggies on the market.
Practice driving and you can win with anything.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:19 AM   #14
Suspended

I would tell you to buy the mbx6t reasons as followed:
1. Mugen parts are top quality
2. Mbx6t is pretty much the latest truggy and it seems like whatever is new is what everyone wants
3. Mugens customer support is really good
4. If you like hop up parts there will be a ton

That's some of the reasons, the Losi truggy is really good don't get me wrong but if the mbx6t is anything like the buggy it's gonna be amazing
rcracer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:36 AM   #15
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer07 View Post
I would tell you to buy the mbx6t reasons as followed:
1. Mugen parts are top quality
2. Mbx6t is pretty much the latest truggy and it seems like whatever is new is what everyone wants
3. Mugens customer support is really good
4. If you like hop up parts there will be a ton

That's some of the reasons, the Losi truggy is really good don't get me wrong but if the mbx6t is anything like the buggy it's gonna be amazing

I was waiting on the Mugen but the constant push backs on the release date forced my hand into something else. I can't say I'm disappointed with my choice so far.
Jay Stuart #66
slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote