fail safe device any of you use it?? >

fail safe device any of you use it??

fail safe device any of you use it??

Old 05-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omarwashington
lol i better read the manual further
I am sure you read the manual Omar, utherwise you would not have been able to bind your radio to reciever. Remeber when you held full brake when you bound them? That's your failsafe...unfortunately if your receiver takes a dump or your battery dies, you get no failsafe, then comes the throttle return spring
Old 05-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omarwashington
lol i better read the manual further
yeah I think so!

It is simple. When you bind the radio and reciever, hold the functions(steering wheel and throttle) to the desired position of the failsafe. IE if you hold the trigger to full brake while you bind it, your failsafe will be full brake. I personally set mine to neutral. I have seen too many throttle servos burnt out because someone forgot to turn thier car off and the failsafe held full brake.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

You should also use some type of throttle return spring. Most quality servos are smooth enouth that a return spring or small rubberbands will pull it closed when there is no power on the servo.

I had first hand experience last week with my M11 (spektrum installed failsafe set up correctly) running away from me. I am running a lipo batt with regulator. It went from working to dead as a door nail. I had installed a different engine and didn't bother to put on a throttle return spring. Luckily I was coming off the throttle setting up for a turn but it still wasn't at idle, at least it wasn't moving to fast so my pit guy was able to catch it.

Long story short I have return spring back on the car.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Prophet

i dont recommend using a failsafe for a am radio it glitchs like crazy no matter what u do
Old 05-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
yeah I think so!

It is simple. When you bind the radio and reciever, hold the functions(steering wheel and throttle) to the desired position of the failsafe. IE if you hold the trigger to full brake while you bind it, your failsafe will be full brake. I personally set mine to neutral. I have seen too many throttle servos burnt out because someone forgot to turn thier car off and the failsafe held full brake.
Jammin just summed up what I was too lazy to type.