Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Z-Car ZMXT-8 Z-Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Its a non tuned GRP .21 that was AB Modded. I had it done a while ago, and while I would like to be running a SH engine, that one was gathering dust, so it went in the truggy, so far its been great, I am SO impressed with Adam's skills.
Monday I am shipping him a 09 model SH .21 ceramic piston for modding for my buggy's new engine it is gonna be absurdly bad!!
Old 06-13-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MelvinPR
REALLY NICE
NO doubt! YOU are THE man!!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2009 JBRL round 3 Pics of truggy

Click it or ticket...Cali man..
Old 06-17-2009, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Awesome, Dave!!
Last weekends race report for Z-Truggy!
Hardest fought race ever for me.
2 flameouts; was dead last in a really really fast field, was so frustruated I almost wanted to pull off, but stuck in and just thought "ignore everyone else, its just you and the track; kill it as fast as you can" and...... I did.
One by one they were passed, the Z-Truggy took the whoop section better than any other truggy, it was a great spot to make my move....
Finally I worked my way to 4th, and then 3rd, and then it ended, and I brought home the 3rd trophy of teh night for Z-Car!!!
Michael Bourne got 1st in Pro, smoked everybody, Jason Shook got 2nd in Sportsman Buggy, and I got 3rd in Pro Truggy, Z-Car DOMINATION!!!!!!
Domination by the Z-Army!! I was driving/focusing/concentrating so hard I was pouring sweat when I came down off the stand after my main
Old 06-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Brakes

has anybody else had any problems with there brakes on the truggy?

I can't seem to make them work properly, they slow me down but not very fast at all. Ive upgraded to the alloy servo arm with no effect, tried all sorts of adjustments.
The only thing I can think of is that the servo is too weak? its the 9kg one that came on the RTR

I have to brake very early about 2/3 of the way down the straight just to make the corner, this allows anybody behind me to pass

any suggestions would be great.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Jman I have the optional uber nice cnc billet brake system and havent felt the need to install it I like the stock brakes so much so far.
Ok, on the braking system thats on the Z-Car Buggy and Truggy to help you out
1 Think of it as a disc brake on a car, or motorcycle; as the pads wear on them the adjustment for wear is done via the hydraulic fluid taking up the "slack"
2 Of course we dont have hydraulics (yet) on r/c vehicles, so on the Z-Cars the "slack" caused by normal wear must be taken up by the grub screw behind the rearmost brake pad, to make it stick out the correct amount
3 Correct amount? Ok the correct amount is if you are looking down from the top of the "caliper". the rear pad should have about 1.3mm (approx) showing
4 When assembled, the rotor should be able to spin without the rear pad touching it, but just off of it so it doesnt drag the rotor (very important, and dont be lazy, take the time and do it right, and the 2nd time you have to adjust, it will be a snap
5 When adjusted right the brakes are the most awesome proportionally controlled r/c brakes ever, they are marvelous; different though, and takes a bit of getting used to adjusting them but worth it.
I hope this helps
Old 06-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, Chech that screw adjustment,when these brakes are adjusted right, you can go into a corner really hard, they are great, somthin is out o wack, in the Manual there is a little detail about the adjustment, you might want to look at the brake section and make sure it is installed right, these really are great brakes, so I must agree with mad, somthin is off somewhere. Make sure you look at the linkage adjustment, the big black plastic thing that joins the front/rear is the bias adjustment, I also run a little less fuel tube for the front link, I adjust for rear bias, but if I jam on the brakes the front really brakes hard, due to the lack of "dampening" but thats how I like em...
Old 06-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Guys, I will check that grub screw.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Yea, Check back in, if its out lemme know, but I bet once you get them dialed..you will be amased! It is the best brakes ever, no BS.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

found the grub screws, Front was slightly out and the rear was nowhere near touching the back of the pad, have not driven it yet but i can already tell its way better. wish i had asked on here weeks ago lol. Thanks heaps

Just an update on other things been going on with the truggy, The dynamite backplate i brought fit perfect did not have to grind the pin or anything and the buggy pro kit engine mounts worked perfectly on the Z.28 so now im rid of that hopeless pullstarter and have it setup on a starter box.
and im yet to get a hold of a D8T body to try on the truggy so No idea if they fit yet. gonna need a new body real soon though and i still cant find anywhere to buy the stock bodies that has postage to australia

Thanks again guys,
Jman

Last edited by J_Man; 06-18-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Default Z has been drafted!!

Shipping out today!!!
Greetings, fellow Brothers in Arms!
My name is Paul Popov, I am the owner of www.z-carusa.com, an online and brick and mortar hobby store specializing in Z-Car Technologies fantastic buggys and truggys!
I had read in several places about the Bagdad International Speedway you guys have built and are having some fun on. Being a Veteran myself, and having spent quite a bit of time in the Middle East, I know how it is there.
I thought it would be a really cool thing to donate a RTR Truggy to the track, care of Sam House to give you guys some fun and smiles and take your mind off of the everyday existence there.
I was going to send a Buggy, but I understand most prefer Truggy there, so we sent one of those! Me and a few of our Race Team drivers, broke the engine in, and adjusted everything for you, so its 100% ready to use. Stickman R/C donated the nice 1600maH Ni-MH receiver pack that’s in it, so you can run it for 45 minutes + before the receiver pack needs to be recharged! The SH .28 engine in it as well is quite strong, and should last a long time. I included a couple of extra air filters because of the sandy conditions there, and a few OD green Z-CarUSA t-shirts as well!

I sincerely hope you find some enjoyment and fun with our gift, and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need anything!

Respectfully Yours,
Paul Popov, Owner
Classic City Hobby dba. Z-CarUSA
8771 Macon Hwy STE B Athens GA 30606
706-549-9300
www.z-carusa.com [email protected]
Old 06-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Shipping out today!!!
I never realized you were in Athens. Hell of a music town. I used to go down there alot to see all the bands down there...
Old 06-23-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Momo5
I never realized you were in Athens. Hell of a music town. I used to go down there alot to see all the bands down there...
Oh yeah! UGA is my alma mater!
Athens has *quite* the nightlife
Old 06-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Shipping out today!!!
Props to you MadR. That is a cool thing that you are doing for all the troops! Hats off to you dude....Hats off to all the troops too!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Way Cool!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.