Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Looking for tips... >

Looking for tips...

Looking for tips...

Old 05-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb Looking for tips...

Hi there. Just getting into this whole 1/8th class with RC and was hoping I could get some set up tips for setting up my 8ight T race roller. Thanx
Old 05-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KevinEngland80
Hi there. Just getting into this whole 1/8th class with RC and was hoping I could get some set up tips for setting up my 8ight T race roller. Thanx
Throw in some alum hop ups like the top plate, front spindles, servo saver top, keep the plastic braces, 3/3 rear hinge pin brace or 3/2 rear hinge pin brace front and rear inner alum hinge pin retainer and front alum hinge pin retainer (king headz makes nice stuff) - If you have the extra cash, flex chassis and smart diffs front and center. You might want to run it stock and see how you like it these are all hop ups. Out of the box this truck is great. I had one until the 2.0 came out.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:48 AM
Tech Addict

Not really a tip, but make sure after ever use.. you check all the screws to make sure none have fallen out.. or our working loose.. Especially wheel nuts.. as they will never get lived down!
Old 05-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Red face

Thanx for the tips. Anything on the best way to break in an engine? I've heard that its best to let the engine idle through 1 tank but Losi says three at various RPM's. So which is better?
Old 05-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

break in help..There are lot of different methods and they all work well...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...eak-bible.html
Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Always maintence your ride after every raceday..Check and look your car over after every heat or practice session
Old 05-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

+1 to that brother
Old 05-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi guys, I also need a tip. I am planning to try a new brand of 1/8 buggy. Have been running Jammin ever since I started this hobby. My two choices are MP9 and a losi 2.0. Need some opinion regarding the pros and cons of both buggy.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kenshinmd
Hi guys, I also need a tip. I am planning to try a new brand of 1/8 buggy. Have been running Jammin ever since I started this hobby. My two choices are MP9 and a losi 2.0. Need some opinion regarding the pros and cons of both buggy.
Just do a search.. This is a very common question.. 2.0 vs whatever.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hang out here.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...-8t-2-0-a.html
Old 05-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

If you are running a 1.0 Truggy these are must haves. M2C F & R outer hing pin kits. M2C rear toe block system better than kings head or losi. Dynamite long wear aluminum clutch shoes best clutch shoes for losi period and very long lasting. green or gold clutch springs best in combo 2 each. Never the black or the silvers to stiff or to lite. A losi 1 piece motor mount set your mesh once and be done with it. aluminum servo saver, aluminum top plate. eck tek front hing pin retainers way cheaper than m2c, kings head and losi with hing pin retainer screws. Invest the rest of your money in tires. If you find good deals on ebay for the front aluminum spindles, spindle carriers and rear aluminum hubs get them. Otherwise just run the stocks till you can afford them. your steering servo should be atleast 250 oz's of torque. A mean ass engine thats quality long lasting and fairly easy to tune with mild price: Picco EVO2 or 3, RB S5, GO 5P, Nova P5 pipes dynamite 053 or 086. Later down the line get the lipo battery upgrade. Beats the heck out of shuffling batteries when you could be working on your truggy or relaxing between heats. 1 charge and run all day with no worries.

Oh and on a LOSI it is very important when you connect your throttle brake linkage. Everything should be in a straight line. No angles you may need to turn your carb a hair simply loosen the carb retainer screw on your engine and turn til lines up the throttle linkage to a straight throw. also you will need to adjust your throttle ball link so the throttle linkage is parallel not up or down but level. when setting your epa look into the carb you should only be pulling the carb flush with opening no further. anything past flush does not give more power just puts you in that area where you will burn up your servo. Applying the brake should not pull the radio tray to much you don't need allot of brake anyway. same thing for steering your steering linkage goes on the bottom of the servo arm not on top. But on the servo save it goes on top. to create as level a throw as possible.

When setting your mesh forget that paper trick. Take flathead screwdriver stick in the spur gear to make it hold position. put your finger on the CB and rock it back and forth. There should be a little back and forth movement about an 1/8th of an inch. Make sure your engine is square that means in straight line in side to side and front to back.

good luck and welcome to the adiction

Last edited by vladconnery; 05-14-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Prophet

to add to that most likely u do have to loosen the carb and move it a little bit intil the rubber cover on the carb inst touching the center plate i had that problem and the linkage will still come out strairight and i do remmond get a radio tray stiffer and put rubber gromets under the throttle servo also and also do but a o ring undere bit the battery box cause it stills flexes a little bit