R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-13-2009, 05:10 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Something nobody else touched on and in my opinion is the largest difference between 1/10 2wd and 1/8 is that the 1/8th car weighs 2.5 times as much as the electric buggy and has no drag brake. You will have to drive with this extra weight in mind. It's also common that you will let off halfway down a short straight and coast the rest of the way to a turn because the heavy car stores so much momentum that it can be hard to get rid of all that speed. You'll definitely learn to brake actively more.

Another misconception is that 1/8's are faster, they're not. Everything happens slower with the bigger cars, they build speed slower and lose speed slower too. It's much more of a realistic driving dynamic from electrics.
1/10 is faster? I started out racing 1/10 gas truck and yes they weigh over half what a 1/8 scale does but also have half the traction and braking, if the 1/10 scale is faster why are thay constantly trying to get out of your way during practice, or even have designated practice times on a track? why is it they cant even think about trying that tripple?.....how manny times has a 1/10 scale beat you down the straight and into a turn? i cant think of any for me......if anything the the slower 1/10 scale leads to more consistant laps and that could be how its faster........
BAUSTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:46 AM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

1/10th scale electric is faster if the surface is good. It occurs to me that you're thinking of them racing on the same track at the same time. Where I am we don't even put them on the same tracks. 1/10 is indoor on slicks, 1/8th is outdoor. I shouldv'e asked the OP about what type of track he ran 1/10th on.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
1/10th scale electric is faster if the surface is good. It occurs to me that you're thinking of them racing on the same track at the same time. Where I am we don't even put them on the same tracks. 1/10 is indoor on slicks, 1/8th is outdoor. I shouldv'e asked the OP about what type of track he ran 1/10th on.
lol...yeah, in that case i would have to agree.......
BAUSTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:56 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAUSTIN View Post
lol...yeah, in that case i would have to agree.......
I can also tell you, if I had my B4 on a track, and someone was near me with a truggy, i'd get out of their way too, no sense in breaking stuff during practice.

* Futaba * O.S. Engines * RC Racing Communications *
CaptainHowdyt13 is offline   Reply With Quote