Community
Wiki Posts
Search

where do get a orion crankshaft??

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default where do get a orion crankshaft??

i want to convert my orion .28 from a bump start only to a roto start...to what i have seen is i will need a new crank..is this true? where to get one...i am unable to find any...my buggy is roto start (not an orion) so i wanted to keep the same..

or would it be better just to get a bump starter even though they are much bigger.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Normally a pullstart or rotostart engine has an extra pin on the rodpin of the crankshaft. The extra pin mount into rotodisc of the rotostart of pulstart. If the backplate fits into the engine without problems you don't have to replace or modify the crankshaft. If you decide to not mount a backplate but the engine has already a flywheel you don't have to do nothing. You can use the bumpstart without problems. If your engine does not have a flywheel, most crankshafts are able to mount a flywheel. Hope this info helps you further
Old 05-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes i would have had to change the crank so i could have done more then just bump start...i have ben told that it would cost me any where from 100 - 150 to do it....bump starter new off ebay 55 shipped...i did the math and just got a bump start...now i will have both so i can pick and choose my next motors easyer.