fail safe???

Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default fail safe???

hi, i have recently got my nitro rc, and i was told to install a fail safe, well i did and i got me an hsp fail safe,set it up and got it working, the thing is, now when i push my throtle lever and the lever that makes it go left or right at the same time, the fail safe turns on and puts my car on a break mode, what do you think the problem is? im still breaking it in and it's a real pain when that happens, thanks!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

are the rx batterys good sounds like low batterys
Old 05-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Rookie

ok thanks for the reply, another question, if that is the case, what batteries would you recommend, sorry im really new to the hobby!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by donvitocorleone
ok thanks for the reply, another question, if that is the case, what batteries would you recommend, sorry im really new to the hobby!

any 5 cell hump will do the job....but unless you have a charger you'll need to invest in one also.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by donvitocorleone
hi, i have recently got my nitro rc, and i was told to install a fail safe, well i did and i got me an hsp fail safe,set it up and got it working, the thing is, now when i push my throtle lever and the lever that makes it go left or right at the same time, the fail safe turns on and puts my car on a break mode, what do you think the problem is? im still breaking it in and it's a real pain when that happens, thanks!
Here's another question for you. What rc vehicle and radio system do you have?

I know some of the newer raido systems have their own built-in fail-safes, that do not play nicely with other third party fail-safes.

You might have to check your manual for work-around settings or turn the internal failsafe off altogether. Traxxas vehicles and Futabu radios come to mind.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
any 5 cell hump will do the job....but unless you have a charger you'll need to invest in one also.
If you buy a charger don't buy a wall charger but a decent nimh fast charger that has peak detection. If you can afford it buy a charger that charger nimh as wel as lipo's. Take a look @ www.hobbyking.com to see some samples