R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (http://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Share your biggest duh or what was I thinking (http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/296413-share-your-biggest-duh-what-i-thinking.html)

Saber186 05-11-2009 08:45 PM

Share your biggest duh or what was I thinking

I'm sure we've all had them....I think my biggest to date is when I got my first 1/8 scale buggy...I was changing a steering knuckle on my Storm and I took a hammer and punch and proceeded to beat the pin out of the hub..spent a good 20 minutes cussing and beating before I noticed the set screw holding it in:o
I seen a buddy of mine drive 3 hours to race and as he was unpacking realized his radio was at home on the kitchen table:lol:
So what's yours?

butch man 05-11-2009 08:53 PM

Picked up a new car from under side when it was running the other day & the fat on my palm when up into the spur gear cut out & the spur on that particular car is flush with the bottom of the chassis,new & sharp & has a BIG cutout & now so does my hand.

Chris__RC 05-11-2009 08:53 PM

Ive made a lot of what was I thinking comments, like forgetting my fuel, charger, etc. Only one I can think of now is what happen today. I was getting the motor mount screws out from my friend losi muggy. We we at it for 45 minutes. It was a huge hex, and it came with his vehicle but we were using pliers and everything to get it out. Then I asked somone over at my house if he could help, as he was stronger....got it right out. Come to think of it, I was turning the hex wrench the wrong way! :ha: Now when I take out screws I always say "lefty loosy righthy tighty".

The one about your friend forgetting his radio is still making me laugh! :lol:

Allumina 05-11-2009 09:08 PM

Brand new built mrx3 1/8 onroad car [check]
freshly broken in RB C5 Rody Modified engine [check]

Was firing it up out front of my house to show my Uncle what true insanity is [1/8 onroad] and the screws the hold the battery tray in fromt he bottom of the chassis were either loose, or not in at all [dont know, never found any screws]

Guess the battery was just dragging on the street [1/8 onroad sit so low theres no clearance for the battery to get out] until I hit a rock... battery flew out and became disconnected

Fresh built car hadnt put a return spring

WOT down a straight street, in a straight line. at probably 80 mph. you do the math

Allumina 05-11-2009 09:10 PM

^ I dont know wh it posted before i finished typing, but yeah car was fine but it ran at full throttle forever, destroyed the motor..so i got to buy ANOTHER c5 rody mod...lol good times.

cary 05-11-2009 09:23 PM

it had been raining for some time and i had just got
a new v-spec did the brake in thing and off to the
track i go when i get to the track it was flooded
out but the front straight with a quad jump was
dry so there i go start putting a tune on it running
up and back over the jumps a good 40 feet span
and off to the left is a small lake like 3 feet deep
hit the jump and off in to the lake goes my car
and new v-spec with me in hot persut after like
5 min i find my car in the mud but now after a
total overhall i go back to the same track and
on the same jump yap off goes my car straight
in to the lake os much for my new v-spec
and a 7955tg servo all this in like 3 days time
:p

Saber186 05-11-2009 09:48 PM

another of mine...I was running my Savage around and the pipe came off the hanger...So I tuned the radio off and got the wrench to fix it..the phone rang and I forgot that I had turend off the radio in the truck and here I am pretty much sitting on it...I hit the roto-start and it fires up and goes wide open...peeling out in my hand and on my leg.....took off ....hit the neighbors fence and died....tore a nice chunk out of one finger:lol:

bmxRRT 05-11-2009 09:53 PM

My JP V-spec hit 350 degrees after a flame-out. FML. :flaming: Lesson learned.

ICBeloitRacer 05-11-2009 11:53 PM

A couple of months ago, I got a brushless system for my indoor carpet 1/10 scale, had been looking forward to getting it for two weeks, spent a couple of hours soldering it together, making sure everything worked right. Drove an hour to the club I race with. Unpacked truck, radio, batteries...and then realized I'd forgotten the motor and ESC at home:flaming::weird::cry::confused:

losi_racer 05-12-2009 12:35 AM

done almost all those lol

drove an hour to a club race, forgot my radio AND body. drove back got it and came back to the track and i arrived as my race was warming up. thru the car on with no body clips and somehow the body stayed on the WHOLE race:weird:

another one was my dad. he has a lipo in his 1/8th and we drove 1.5 hrs and he forgot it. he ended up havin to buy another one because it was to long of a drive to go back he had no time

dishsoap 05-12-2009 03:09 AM

Was marshalling one time for a truggy race. Race was over and picked up a truggy and without thinking stuck my thumb directly over the exhaust to turn it off without thinking. Hurt like hell and was throbing for hours.

Lol. I actually when inside the LHS and stuck my thumb onto the inside of the freezer door for thirty minutes before I was up to race.

Lesson learned. Never will I do that again!!!!!!!!

Quad Racer 34 05-12-2009 04:04 AM

last night i was putting my revo back together and when i got the diff in i started to spin the spur gear just to make sure no gears were binding up and i noticed the front hubs were spinning backwards. so i took it apart and i had put the front diff in upside down lol i felt like a complete idiot lol

DOMIT 05-12-2009 04:34 AM

I started racing RC cars. Didn't seem to learn my lesson yet either... I'm still at it.

BIG RE 05-12-2009 06:56 AM

The first time I ever rebuilt any shocks(10 years ago), I emptied out the oil into a coke can, I get that all done and put my battery on the charger so I can try them out, anyway, I come back when it finishes, and I spot the coke can forgetting I had emptied into it, grab it and take a nice big mouthful of dirty shock oil.

Integra 05-12-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG RE (Post 5802144)
The first time I ever rebuilt any shocks(10 years ago), I emptied out the oil into a coke can, I get that all done and put my battery on the charger so I can try them out, anyway, I come back when it finishes, and I spot the coke can forgetting I had emptied into it, grab it and take a nice big mouthful of dirty shock oil.

:lol: