Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Share your biggest duh or what was I thinking

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

last year i started racing with my buddy had a tmaxx 3.3 (not a racer i know)
anyway i sucked finaly had a good race i was in 3rd with 2 mins to go one of my wheels fell off forgot to make them tight ended in dead last i was so pissed i sold the tmaxx the next week and bought a 8ight t lol

how many people forgot to make there wheels tight ?????
Old 05-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

we had 2 new guys racing Sliders this winter...one picked up his car and radio..turned the steering...nothing......started cussing and saying he was out of the race cause he was going to have to change a servo.He started taking the body off and I walked over and picked up the other radio in front of his buddies car..turned it on and whatcha know...it worked fine
Old 05-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markr04
I spent a month adjusting everything to keep my buggy from pushing. I bought a Smart Diff, changed diff fluids frequently, etc.

Last Saturday, a guy spent 5 seconds telling me that my servo saver was loose.

Boy is my face red.

Now I have to learn to drive it all over again.
Did we have this discussion at the track? (No, I'm not the one who told him...)
Old 05-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCmayor
I'm sure everyone has forgot to hook up the throttle linkage to the carb. Done did that one a few times. :-)
Ohhhh... not more than a dozen or so... or forget to reconnect the fuel line to the carb...
Old 05-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Ohhhh... not more than a dozen or so... or forget to reconnect the fuel line to the carb...

ive done both and the fuel line. lol. I was priming and priming and priming then i moved my buggy a little and noticed a quite large puddle underneath the buggy lol
Old 05-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

How many times have you seen a no start car & 10 min later hear the guy yell sh@t from across the pits when he see the empty tank? Done that a few times & can hear it the curse word when the guy realizes his mistake. Fuel seems to be important for starting.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have 2 that comes to mind
My first Rc car was a Cox CORR truck that was givne to me for my birth day. Played with that thing all the time.Untill one day my RX battery would no longer hold a charge.Being 8-10 years old and broke$$$ i cut the leads from the junk battery and soilderd them to a 9v battery.Worked fine for 5 min then fried everything.But the worst thing again being broke i traded the thing for a slot carWISH I STILL HADE THAT THING

Then my first 1/8 scale buggy race.Doing great was in like 5th. Then like out of a 40s comic show 2 of the wheels came flying off and rolling past my car down the straight LOL
Old 05-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

this one has happened to me in the past and just happened to a friend I was helping tune. Engine wouldn't run, was twisting the needles 2 turns in to 2 turns out from where they were and no changes in tune. Then all of the sudden the glow plug shoots out 2 feet above the engine. It would have left a mark if my head was over it.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

I was scrolling through pictures taken by Oompa from Wolcott Raceway and I couldn't help but notice a Jammin truggy with something in between the Tire/Wheel and around the arms. After closer inspection, I realized it was a tire band. Seems he ran the whole race not knowing his tire band was around his rear suspension arms. I just wish I could find the pic.

DUH, what was that guy thinking! Hahahaha!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Whats worse is blowing off all four freshly glued tires in the first minute of a 10 minute race. Done did that one once. Foams ended up running around the arms, tires ended up falling completely off. It looked like an episode of cops where stop strips killed all the tires and the perp kept on running on the rims.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

i used to work at a golf course and i took my savage to work one day and after work a couple people wanted to see it go.. so i fired it up and was whipping shitties and stuff like normal, hauling ass etc, then all of a sudden it died.. well fuck... so i went over to it and for like 2 mins i was trying to get it started again.. then i happen to look down and yup friggin glow plug was gone... im like "what the hell" that friggin sucks...so that ended my showing off..
Old 05-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Picking up the wrong loaner transponder and running a qualifier with it.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

I run mostly offroad and tried my hand at oval sprint cars a long time ago. I am used to dropping my cars onto the the track from 3 or 4 feet up because I know it wont hurt them. When I ran my sprint car I did the same thing out of habit and it splatted on the ground. Oops. Didn't break anything, but everyone looked at me like what the f.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I pulled another one..Lol
The motor on my Mugen was giving me fits...being impossible to tune...burning glow plugs.Finally I got fed up and bought another engine and sold the other one to a friend for $40
I put the engine on my buggy and same thing...my friend put the one I sold him on his buggy...changed glow plugs and it flat ripped..so I Bummed one of his glow plugs and put it in mine and it's now fine.I had bought a card of Dynamite glow plugs and apparently they were bad or something cause it purrs like a kitten now
Basically just spent $200 over a batch of bad $6 glow plugs
Old 07-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dynamite plugs Suck from what ive seen so do SH's and so do Racers Edge.......cheap plugs are well...Cheap...alsothey have the potential to take out the motor if the coil drops which seems to be the case more often then not.

Im talkin turbo plugs...i dont run anything standard plug anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.