R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I haven't to rev since the losi series, so I thought they were only charging $20 for that event. That's pretty expensive for a club race. Last time I went just to practice I think the fee was $17 (Don't quote me on that since it was a while ago.)
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #32
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromania View Post
I haven't to rev since the losi series, so I thought they were only charging $20 for that event. That's pretty expensive for a club race. Last time I went just to practice I think the fee was $17 (Don't quote me on that since it was a while ago.)
They do use some of that money to pay the turn marshals.

Lets get back on track.
Whos got picks of the ARC JBRL lay out
Old 05-14-2009, 10:37 PM   #33
Tech Master

$20 for first class & $10 for second at ARC also but I save $10 in gas compared to going to rev & have room to strech my arms out in the pits & no 15 & 91 area traffic.Dont get me wrong though the more tracks the better & Dana runs a really good show the shop there stocks X-RAY & werks
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Late night pic posting . should be a fun layout. if you never been to ARC, the exit from the 15 fwy is Temecula Parkway or 79 SOUTH (there is another 79 that you should not take). exit and turn east, Vail Ranch Resort is about 15 minutes from the exit. gates suppose to open at 9, I would imagine sooner.

AKA Products, Team Losi, Track Star Racing, Tekno RC, Hitec RCD, LRP, Schelle Racing, Imagine It Graphics, EKD, VP/PowerMaster fuels
stipres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #35
Tech Master

Nice!! has the feel of the first layout at this location almost.Oh no their not gonna run the track backwards are they pres, or is that not a double in front?
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

counter clockwise, so you will be entering the big jumps from the right hand side. some of us may see them as big singles or HUGE doubles, lookin at 35 ft worth of air time. and don't be suprised if you see your buggy pretty close to eye level when you are standing on the drivers stand!

AKA Products, Team Losi, Track Star Racing, Tekno RC, Hitec RCD, LRP, Schelle Racing, Imagine It Graphics, EKD, VP/PowerMaster fuels
stipres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #37
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Layout looks nice!
- Mugen MBX6 Alpha F850 -
- Nomadio Sensor - Hitec servos - Panther tires - DE Racing -
sugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

its a fun layout. very fast. the huge double wasnt as hard as i thought it was going to be.

it was really hot today, and its supposed to be hotter tomorrow. dont forget your coolers!!
fatdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:15 AM   #39
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you JBRL. I had lots of fun at the race at ARC. Its the closest 1/8th scale dirt track to me (oceanside). The lay out was fast and flowing. The traction was pretty good all race day with little tire wear (ive been using Proline Revolvers M3 for 3 race days now and the tread edges are still at a usable sharpness). It was probably my last race with my SH ZCAR, next time ill probably have an AE RC8. I put my ZCAR 2nd in the Intermediate A-main and i wish i was mid to back of the pack because the first lap was teeeeeerrible with all the back qualifiers running into the back of me, while i was trying not to take out the TQ guy around the first couple of turns. Here's video of the Expert Truggy A-main that proves clean starts and clean passing are possible!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I race at - SDRC Raceway, CVRC Raceway and SoCal-RC Onroad

My Painters: Fatty Grafx -https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fatty-Grafx/138256833000949
JoelNavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelNavarro View Post
Thank you JBRL. I had lots of fun at the race at ARC. Its the closest 1/8th scale dirt track to me (oceanside). The lay out was fast and flowing. The traction was pretty good all race day with little tire wear (ive been using Proline Revolvers M3 for 3 race days now and the tread edges are still at a usable sharpness). It was probably my last race with my SH ZCAR, next time ill probably have an AE RC8. I put my ZCAR 2nd in the Intermediate A-main and i wish i was mid to back of the pack because the first lap was teeeeeerrible with all the back qualifiers running into the back of me, while i was trying not to take out the TQ guy around the first couple of turns. Here's video of the Expert Truggy A-main that proves clean starts and clean passing are possible!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

thanks for the vid!!
fatdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote