R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I live near T/A, it really suck that they get no club races there. Nicest facility and people. But I understand, Rev has the hobby shop!!! I dont care about flat tracks. I hate humungous jumps!!! Anyone can jump, technical tracks are my liking. Where is the nearest hobby shop to ARC? And how are the club races turnouts?
hairymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

hobby shop onsite but right now isnt up due to getting robbed while back
and the club races are usually 50 plus turn out heavy in buggy and truggy classes track is always top notch dirt is good on tires and chasis every friday track is condition for saturday racing place is fun and dialed all the time imo its superior to me fun atmosphere with lots of help for newbies and veterans looking to get faster
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:29 PM   #18
Tech Master

oh yeah about t/a it is bitchin there for about two weeks after new layout then it gets blown out and eats tires and chassis but it is very fun track when in good condition have never been to a bad layout there just bad track condition other prob. is the pros dont go there to run and in socal alot of people will go where the pros run to watch and try and learn i thinki that is why rev. is so popular. arc does well because Dan the owner poors his soul into keeping the racers happy if at all possible
Old 05-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewn_beef View Post
oh yeah about t/a it is bitchin there for about two weeks after new layout then it gets blown out and eats tires and chassis but it is very fun track when in good condition have never been to a bad layout there just bad track condition other prob. is the pros dont go there to run and in socal alot of people will go where the pros run to watch and try and learn i thinki that is why rev. is so popular. arc does well because Dan the owner poors his soul into keeping the racers happy if at all possible
i think more "pros" go to t/a than you think
Old 05-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #20
Tech Master

i am not saying they dont go there and i am not baching t/a by any means as stated earlier i like thier track and the people who run it but rev. on any given race day has igleast 5 pros there and 75 plus entries arc has 50plus people every time with pros showing as well now at t/a all i hear is they are not getting enough people to club race and for me to drive that far for a maybe race night due to poor turnout is iffy at best but still do it from time to time after new layouts are put in i am there cause it is always packed for new layouts as is every other track i wish them and every other track out there well more tracks the better in my opinion
Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #21
Tech Master

I can tell you the dirt at ARC is superior to any track in socal.Only slightly blown out(relativly) after a 60-70 entry night,dont know what will happen on a 200 enty day.Traction is probably the best around when track is kept watered & its watered per racers opinion & we like it moist. The big thing about the dirt there is almost any race tire will stick & a month on 1 set of tires run all day every weekend & 1-2 practice days & most would consider the tread still a very good qual tire.Seriously 1+ gallon per set of soft compound is the norm & all that with high traction.Dan will also open the store any time we ask & even though some tard violated it theres still a ok amount of the right losi,old mugen,jammin parts left & hobbytown & hobby people are on the 15 frwy on the way to the track sorta.Bring your own tires,,though Dan said he would have some by jbrl.I might be a little biased due to ARCs proximity but you'll see for your self sunday & you can decide. I also love the layouts at TA but distance & summer heat with the cost of tire wear makes my choise easy.
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewn_beef View Post
i am not saying they dont go there and i am not baching t/a by any means as stated earlier i like thier track and the people who run it but rev. on any given race day has igleast 5 pros there and 75 plus entries arc has 50plus people every time with pros showing as well now at t/a all i hear is they are not getting enough people to club race and for me to drive that far for a maybe race night due to poor turnout is iffy at best but still do it from time to time after new layouts are put in i am there cause it is always packed for new layouts as is every other track i wish them and every other track out there well more tracks the better in my opinion
I don't understand why people go to rev still. Its $20 for club race now and they start at 3pm so they guys that work from 9-5 can't make it.

Its not 75+ entries anymore. last saturday there were like 2 races. i didnt stick around to race. it looked to depressing.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

The new layout at Rev is SUPER WACK!!!! Big jump sux big time. Good tire wear is very important to me. Nice to hear that ARC is. I to try to stretch a pair of tires as long as I can. I look for the pros to leave their one runs on the table. I will try to come out to ARC more often..... At the same time, I want to support T/A. I wish others would also and get some club races going. Pro guys I hope you are listening, because we do tend to follow you guys. Just look at SoCal Raceway,when the pros stop coming, the track died. See you all sunday............

And break out those 1/10 gas trucks
hairymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

WOW $20?

does that mean
someone is gonna come over to my car and unload it and take it to the pits for me?

does that mean there will be a nice chair there for EVERYONE and a dialed pit spot?

and well.......when its cold i guess there will be heaters already suppiled right?

(in response to revs) not arc
Old 05-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Its was $20 last w/e at arc also. Thats a fair price, it looks like we no longer have to pay to practice on raceday.
As for the race time at rev, no way can you can make everyone happy. If it was up to me, we would start at 8am. Deal with it.
Rev is having an identity crisis right now. Trying to make the racers and the bashers both happy is never going to work. I hope Rev returns to its old form soon.
As far as the tables go...Dana, if you supply the materials, I will personally take some vacation days and get them done.

See ya next weekend............
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #26
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
Its was $20 last w/e at arc also. Thats a fair price, it looks like we no longer have to pay to practice on raceday.
As for the race time at rev, no way can you can make everyone happy. If it was up to me, we would start at 8am. Deal with it.
Rev is having an identity crisis right now. Trying to make the racers and the bashers both happy is never going to work. I hope Rev returns to its old form soon.
As far as the tables go...Dana, if you supply the materials, I will personally take some vacation days and get them done.

See ya next weekend............
I will deal with it. By not going. $5 more and I can ride my dirt bike at the track all day. You won't see me racing for a while.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #27
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Hull View Post
WOW $20?

does that mean
someone is gonna come over to my car and unload it and take it to the pits for me?

does that mean there will be a nice chair there for EVERYONE and a dialed pit spot?

and well.......when its cold i guess there will be heaters already suppiled right?

(in response to revs) not arc
That would be awesome
Old 05-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

At Rev they have working air compressors and a tire washing station w/ running water. They will loan you an E-Z up if you ask.
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #29
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromania View Post
At Rev they have working air compressors and a tire washing station w/ running water. They will loan you an E-Z up if you ask.
Yeah. They had that when it was $15 too.
Nothing has changed,, just the price.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I hear this alot....I wish I could support TA...But ill go to ARC or rev this weekend. They have the funnest layout, but wears cars and tires. Well, if there would be some club racing the owners would do more maintence to the track. T/A has tire washing starions/air compressors.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote