R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Axial .28 1S vs. Novarossi .21 LImited edition

I realize this is a strange comparison, but I was really only considering the Novarossi engine for my new D8T. However, when I got my savage X I thought about this engine and the idea of using it in the D8t came to mind after I bought it. I was wondering what people thought of these engines and which would be better to go with. The Axial can be had for around $100 whereas the novarossi can be had for around $150. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!
oceanhighz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

I ran the Axial in my XT8 for a full season in 2007. It was a very reliable engine. The power it puts out is enough to match anything else out there. The fuel milage is horrible though. I was only about to get 6 minutes out of a tank with it. It makes a great club racing engine, but for higher levels of competition the extra fuel stops required put it at a distinct disadvantage. If you race on a low budget like me though you can still make the most of it and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone. Afterall, you can buy 3 Axials for the price of one high end Novarossi, so why not?!

I haven't run the Novarossi your talking about, so I can't compare them directly.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
Tech Elite

thanks for the reply, 6 minute runtime sucks, heh, and I don't do anything but club race, but I'd like to run for more than 6 minutes before refueling. The Novarossi is supposed to compare to the OS V-spec..... so I think I might go that way.... just can't justify 6 minute run times, and its a smaller track that I run on the most so I'm never on wide open for long.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Axial is junk if your on a buget sure the Nova is good. I suggest the Go Tech 3 port race $180 but if you got $20 more get the .21 5 port race monster power and killer runtime. The 5 port is strong on bottum the 3 port is smooth, depends what you like. That Nova you mentioned I am not sure if will have the power you need for truggy others will chime in and let you know.

JR servos Hitec servos. Gens ace lipos KO radio.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if you're on a budget and want a novarossi, grab an N21B. $150 or $180 from Amain with or without roto-start, and i've never heard a bad thing about it.
TLR 8ight-E 3.0/Trackstar/Hobbystar 1450 kV/Turnigy/Airtronics/AKA
ICBeloitRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
Tech Elite

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/31073
Novarossi Limited engine that I was talking about. I have been told to check out the Go-Tech as well, but for the price the novarossi was cheaper at 150 than the go-tech 5 port I could find at 200
Old 05-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just FYI wheelnut is one of the fastest guys in western canada and not sponsored by any engine company so you can take his word.
The nova 3 port has plenty of power for a truggy, Id be willing to put money down that its faster than the Go3 port race and will be much more reliable. The 3 port nova has put out around 1.3hp on the xdyno wich is right around with most cheaper .21s just dont expect ten minute runtimes.

One last thing if you cant make it between pits without crashing, you dont need the extra runtime
HaulinBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanhighz View Post
thanks for the reply, 6 minute runtime sucks, heh, and I don't do anything but club race, but I'd like to run for more than 6 minutes before refueling. The Novarossi is supposed to compare to the OS V-spec..... so I think I might go that way.... just can't justify 6 minute run times, and its a smaller track that I run on the most so I'm never on wide open for long.
Go with the nova! much better engine. You will get plenty of power and close to twice the runtime of the .28. Also, the nova is a great little engine, but you can't compare it to a v-spec! There is no comparison there. the v-spec will blow the doors off of the nova. Just to clarify that. Nova is THE best budget buggy/truggy engine period!
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #9
Tech Elite

thanks for the input, I can make it between pits without crashing just fine, and I think I'm going to stick with a .21 engine, and probably going to go with the Nova unless someone can convince me otherwise.

What Pipe combo would be good for this engine, good for low to mid, with some high end?
Old 05-10-2009, 06:03 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

this is what yoiu need...you will be satisfied.

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...?idproduct=727

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I dont think that the N21B is more powerful than the 3 port GO, I am not sure my 1st 1 is just about to get broke in. I have seen them in truggy doing just fine. They are both 3 ports yes but the Go 3 port is by no means a buget motor the Sport model would be thats why I wouldnt compare them. It does have a smoother band than the 5 which is just insane on bottum and the 7 is insane mid through the top. The 5 and 7 port GO are way more powerful than it though thats a fact because I know and will know soon wether the 3 is also. And parts are $ for the Nova so buget at 1st yes you could say that, maintaining it not buget friendly which Go is.

JR servos Hitec servos. Gens ace lipos KO radio.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:41 AM   #12
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malik View Post
I dont think that the N21B is more powerful than the 3 port GO, I am not sure my 1st 1 is just about to get broke in. I have seen them in truggy doing just fine. They are both 3 ports yes but the Go 3 port is by no means a buget motor the Sport model would be thats why I wouldnt compare them. It does have a smoother band than the 5 which is just insane on bottum and the 7 is insane mid through the top. The 5 and 7 port GO are way more powerful than it though thats a fact because I know and will know soon wether the 3 is also. And parts are $ for the Nova so buget at 1st yes you could say that, maintaining it not buget friendly which Go is.
Answer the questions people are asking, stop answering with GO GO GO....if people want a GO Tech they will "GO" to your thread......on nother note, sponser is spelled SPONSOR

as for your question, get the Novarossi hands down.....its a better engine based on FACTS, and NOT personal preference, the Axial is PURE JUNK. I have the hotmods .bf and it is a great engine, and its NOT a budget based engine IMO, especially the limited or hotmods version.

Last edited by Trevor Williams; 05-10-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote