Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LST2 Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default LST2 Question

Hello there, new member here. Ive been an RC fan a long time. Just bought an LST2 with the 427 Big block last summer, and drove it prolly 10 times. Last time I drove it it was working great for quite a while, then it just died. I figured it was prolly the glow plug since I had never needed to replace it since I got it. Put in a new glow plug, and now when I start it It starts right up and idles nicely, except when you take the glow plug heater off, then it instantly - or soon after - dies... Ive turned all the knobs, adjusted everything I can think of, changed to a different glow plug, and it still does the same thing. Any Ideas? It runs nice as long as the heater is on it.. But its difficult to drive it when the heater is hanging on the engine

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Mike.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'd check and make sure your glow plug igniter is fully charged. If it's not getting the plug hot enough your engine will die after you remove it.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thank you for the quick response!

Hello there, I appreciate the fast response! But unfortunately, Ive already replaced that with a brand new energizer.