R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default Thinkin about the 3PK w/ spek mod.

Hey guys, i am thinking of buying the 3PK and the spektrum module. My current radio is the DX2.0. I race pretty much every other week. and i usually have about 3 cars at a time. Do you think for a casual racer it is worth it to invest in a 3PK. Keep in mind my income is about $30 a week( i umpire, i am 14 years old) I have saved up about $150, and figure i could get about $70 for my 2.0.

RC8T-RB S3-Hitec Servos- Spektrum
beginner4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I bought a used 3pk with a spektrum over a year and a half ago. Haven't had one problem and don't want anything else.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
Tech Prophet

the 3pk is a nice radio i had it for 3 years and its easy to navgate i basicially just use the basic settings. and no u dont have to be a pro racer to have one and be real good at driving. if u get the speckum i dont remmond the orignal gray speckum module trust me i have nothing but problems with that thing, im getting the speckum pro hopelly thats better
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #4
Tech Master

I used the 3pk with the old non HRS spektrum & liked it alot. I still think its one of the best feeling radios ever made but, with the new super light weight radios out now it makes the 3pk feel very heavy & bulky when I switch back. I do still switch back though cuz the 3pk just feels soooo good & the spek module wont break the ant like the KO & airtronics do.It is alot of money when compaired to the $270 I spent on the DX3R & react & dx3r has the easiest to use menu made you can use it while racing but feels a little plasticy compaired to futaba.I also broke the wheel on my dx3r 2 weeks after buying it while it was being transported but it still works good. Its your money.BTW I bought my 3pk when it first came out however many years ago that was & its been dropped off the drivers stand a couple time & a few scratches is all I got in return,lucky landings I guess.
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
Tech Prophet

well i know i had to return that orignal non hrs speckum and it was working fine and now it isnt i getting triend if rebinding and do the samething.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
Tech Master

Does it do that with all your recievers or just the one your using right now?
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you are looking to get a good race radio for cheaper than the 3pk and spektrum system, consider the spektrum dx3r. I love mine. Very light, tons of features and a very fair price!

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=7302
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
Tech Prophet

jsut the one i using now i checked for loose wires or bare wires and there fine and i have a little anteena showing . it only seems to do it on my nitro stuff and i do put foam pads in my reciever box and its tight in there. and the reciever wire is not loose and my battries wrent low
Old 05-07-2009, 06:40 AM   #9
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I recently picked up a used 3PKS w/ Spektrum Pro module to replace my worn out DX3, and I absolutely love it! Scored it for $190 w/ the module, lipo, bag, receiver, etc. Couldn't be happier!

For me, the additional features over the DX3 (especially exponential) have made driving my truggy easier, which in turn has made me a faster driver. I would definately recommend it for anyone, even if you're not a pro.

-Howard
pur3evil is offline   Reply With Quote