Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Axial 28 RR Motor...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

IMO Axial's are Sub Par RTR motor's and nothing more....$ for $ you can get Much better.

JAMMINKRAZY's suggestion is right on par.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=JAMMINKRAZY;5779881]If you are on a budget the nova n21b limited is a great engine. You can get the engine and a dynamite 086 for it for around $200.

hum... Who distributes these motors? I deal with my local hobby guy which gives me discount since hes sponsoring me. He can get Orion stuff..
Old 05-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Gearhead racer;5783443]
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
If you are on a budget the nova n21b limited is a great engine. You can get the engine and a dynamite 086 for it for around $200.

hum... Who distributes these motors? I deal with my local hobby guy which gives me discount since hes sponsoring me. He can get Orion stuff..
Novarossi distributes those motors. I ordered a plus 4 the other day from here:

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/index....a&filter_id=15

They are one of the few shops that have nova stuff in stock. Give them a call and talk to Joe. Ask him what's the best price they can give you on a motor.

Last edited by pyromania; 05-07-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

I think im liking the Orion .21 Alpha Engine! Any suggestions on pipes that will work with the factory motor, which is ofna force .28(7 port) and the orion motor?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Check out the Orion thread, lots of good info.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ha-3-port.html
Old 05-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://z-carstore.com//catalog/produ...7e6c1224e1b0f0
AB Mods SH .21, check the dyno chart, $270
Old 05-09-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Well the thing is my local hobby guy is sponsoring me, so i get a discount on motors he orders. He's able to order from great planes(towerhobbies) ,horizon ,koyosho, HRP and ofna.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
IMO Axial's are Sub Par RTR motor's and nothing more....$ for $ you can get Much better.

JAMMINKRAZY's suggestion is right on par.
What makes them sub par are the crap carbs and bearings, the engine internally is a copy of a Nova Rossi On road engine, and the metals used are surprisingly good for a budget engine. So if you do buy one, and stick a good carb and some good bearings in it, in particular the front bearing, they leak from the moment you open the box, the rear bearings on the other hand will last quite a long time, but I just prefer to replace them both with high quality pieces, then you actually have one hell of an engine, I used them for three years, and yeah I bought a ton of them almost new from people that couldnt get them to tune or stay running so I figured them out lol.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loopedout
What makes them sub par are the crap carbs and bearings, the engine internally is a copy of a Nova Rossi On road engine, and the metals used are surprisingly good for a budget engine. So if you do buy one, and stick a good carb and some good bearings in it, in particular the front bearing, they leak from the moment you open the box, the rear bearings on the other hand will last quite a long time, but I just prefer to replace them both with high quality pieces, then you actually have one hell of an engine, I used them for three years, and yeah I bought a ton of them almost new from people that couldnt get them to tune or stay running so I figured them out lol.

LOL ! they are definitely not anywhere near a copy of a onroad engines !
Old 05-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Lord

Old 05-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
LOL ! they are definitely not anywhere near a copy of a onroad engines !

Well I will take the word of Rick Brake on what the porting etc is on those engines. Pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well I will take the word of Rick Brake on what the porting etc is on those engines. Pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.
Well its not really a big deal, but a Axial RR is nothing like a onroad engine... I would honestly have to hear Rick say that himself for me to believe it sorry to say.....By rough visual Axial did place 2 ports very similar to what a newer nova has, but saying its a copy of a onroad based off that is not accurate at all....
Old 06-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
I have a Jammin x2 on order and i was wondering what you guys thought of the axial 28 rr motor?

Other than Iamracer04, Why dont u guys just answer the original question at hand if you have any experience w/ this engine..... 'Cause just like Gearhead racer i'd like to know if this motor's any good......
Old 06-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I have had 2 Axial .28RR's and have had nothing but good luck with them. They were really easy for me to tune and lasted awhile too. They are a little soft on the bottom IMO but have a great top end. Only problem I ever had with them was the midrange needle likes to come loose and fall out. Shoe goo it in and it should fine. Great engine for the price IMO.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by xBRxSAIGON
Other than Iamracer04, Why dont u guys just answer the original question at hand if you have any experience w/ this engine..... 'Cause just like Gearhead racer i'd like to know if this motor's any good......

they are RTR sport motor's and nothing more....for the price they aren't bad....but you can definitely do better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.