R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Fast and Furious Star goes to Jammin!!!

Fast and Furious star Paul Walker goes to jammin!!!!

Driving RC X2 Buggy........Go Jammin Go!
Attached Thumbnails
Fast and Furious Star goes to Jammin!!!-walker.jpg  
sonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's pretty cool.I know alot of NASCAR drivers are into r/c but you never see or hear of any Hollywood people into our hobby
Saber186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
Tech Master

Why does this not surprise me. People out there know what I mean.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

there are tons of famous people into RC. many people from bands such as bobby adams and johnny richter are into rc racing! its AWESOME!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
Tech Master

Who?
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Mr. Jammin Jay himself has drove RC in many movies and commercials.
Cameron Kellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:45 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

And this is relevant how? Who cares what the Hollywood dorks are doing? Sorry, I'm just tired of such a big deal being made out of what brand of toilet paper celebrities use...
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:11 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
And this is relevant how? Who cares what the Hollywood dorks are doing? Sorry, I'm just tired of such a big deal being made out of what brand of toilet paper celebrities use...
People seek out others deemed cool in this hobby due to it's relative low amount of actual cool people otherwise.

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:38 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
People seek out others deemed cool in this hobby due to it's relative low amount of actual cool people otherwise.

Awwww... come on... we're pretty cool for a bunch of geeks playing with toy cars.

We're much cooler after the race, once we crack open a few beers.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:53 AM   #10
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Quote:
Awwww... come on... we're pretty cool for a bunch of geeks playing with toy cars.

We're much cooler after the race, once we crack open a few beers.
Ha.. I think I saw you at the South Region race a couple of weeks back. My whole existence in this hobby revolves around drinking beer!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Ha.. I think I saw you at the South Region race a couple of weeks back. My whole existence in this hobby revolves around drinking beer!
Oh, you probably noticed me then... have beer, will travel. Yes, I was there. I'll be in Bossier NEXT weekend for a Lousiana race (not RC Pro, just like to play on different tracks) and OKC for round 2...

And you obviously look NOTHING like your avatar... trust me, I would have noticed!

My truck is pretty hard to miss too:
Attached Thumbnails
Fast and Furious Star goes to Jammin!!!-trucksmall.jpg  
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #12
Tech Master

Quote:
Oh, you probably noticed me then... have beer, will travel. Yes, I was there. I'll be in Bossier NEXT weekend for a Lousiana race (not RC Pro, just like to play on different tracks) and OKC for round 2...

And you obviously look NOTHING like your avatar... trust me, I would have noticed!

My truck is pretty hard to miss too:
I saw that truggy sitting in the back of a Toyota truck I think. I'm moving to Australia so my racing days @ N-Control are numbered. I didn't race the south region race, I rode my mountain bike out there for a couple of hours for the mains on Sunday. On Friday night I was running my electric buggy during practice. Electric guys get +20 minutes on the drivers stand, as opposed to 7-10 for nitro.. another reason to convert!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:32 AM   #13
Tech Elite

Quote:
I saw that truggy sitting in the back of a Toyota truck I think. I'm moving to Australia so my racing days @ N-Control are numbered. I didn't race the south region race, I rode my mountain bike out there for a couple of hours for the mains on Sunday. On Friday night I was running my electric buggy during practice. Electric guys get +20 minutes on the drivers stand, as opposed to 7-10 for nitro.. another reason to convert!
Yup, we came in a white Toyota extended cab truck... that's Ron Fleck's truck. (Jr. not Sr.) We pitted under the tree right by the driveway to the BMX track, so kinda by ourselves.

And I didn't see any hot Asian girls on mountain bikes! Like I said... I notice those things.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:32 AM   #14
Tech Elite

NOTICE: This thread has officially been hijacked!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #15
Tech Initiate

Default We be Jammin!!!

This was cool to do and I cant say enough about my dad's friend Paul he wants to really get up to speed and race,and he is a really normal person, he asked my dad to have me show him cars and get him up to date .I think this is just great for my sport ,we need hi profile people to race and the media will follow which makes better tracks and its all good! I would much rather watch this on ESPN than poker or pool.Its basic just show someone the right tools for the job and the work comes out better, thats all I'm doing. God Bless
" Kaulin" is offline   Reply With Quote