R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default RC8 Conversion or Tekno for RC8

So I was perusing amain and saw a couple conversion kits for nitro to brushless, I see that the prices are close- I don't know much about Tekno but the kit comes with everything! I just wanted to know what you guys THUNK. I do like the fact that the AE kit has a motor plate with allows you use many different motors, and the tekno kit has a motor sleave which limits you. I wanted to eventually use a Tekin RX8 system with the tekno- the tekin motor is 42mm, and the motor sleave on the tekno is 44mm- too loose?

RC8 AE kit: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/33589

Tekno RC8 kit:http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ucts_id/138720
Airtronics M11x
bmxRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Tekno kit is a far better racing platform and value, It comes with a new 4mm chassis and the layout moves pieces around on the chassis to balance out the system. The Tekno kit has been designed for racing, where as the Associated kit is just a quicky adaptation of they're nitro vehicle without brake bias and no clutch option.

Running a smaller motor in a larger Tekno motor mount is not a problem. It attaches to the front endbell using the same mounting method as all the other "diff mounted" motor mounts. Only difference is that the smaller motor won't have the same cooling effects as it would if the sleeve/mount was a tighter fit. And also the rear end of the motor is better supported in a proper fitting Tekno mount.

If you get the Tekno and become as big as a fan as many of us have already, you will likely want to convert to square can motors. They provide the lightest/lowest CG set-up possible and make the kit look beautiful as well. Just check out the new Lektron series of square cans Tekno has out. HERE:
Marzac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
Tech Adept

great! thanks!
Airtronics M11x
bmxRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
Tech Master

2 TEKNO conversions so far & the thought put into & finished quality is better than the factory put into it.My TEKNO truggy conversion handles better than the gas version ever did & while I never drove the gas version of the buggy conversion after 4 packs through it its coming around to where my other brand gas car is but must say again on this particular brand car the TEKNO parts make the rest of the factory parts look/seem lacking.Also what you get for the price with TEKNO is unbelievable.No rigging or second trips needed,their cits are throughly complete.

I just went & looked at the above link & see a square can motor sleeve in 42mm,how bout that.I would call & see whats up with that.
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote