Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VP PRO Tyres/Inserts On Team Cobra Rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default VP PRO Tyres/Inserts On Team Cobra Rims

Need some help Please.(See pictures below)

I have exclusively used Proline tyres and with Hobao and other generic rims before without a problem.

I have never had a problem like this before, could someone please shed some light. I am not sure whether it's the rims or tyres or the inserts that's given me this out come.

I have always used Zap glue with small wrist bands (Yellow Lance Armstrong bands) along with extra rubber bands to ensure maximum tension and leave my tyres to set overnight.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails VP PRO Tyres/Inserts On Team Cobra Rims-picture-014.jpg   VP PRO Tyres/Inserts On Team Cobra Rims-picture-016.jpg   VP PRO Tyres/Inserts On Team Cobra Rims-picture-015.jpg  
Old 05-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesussaves
Need some help Please.(See pictures below)

I have exclusively used Proline tyres and with Hobao and other generic rims before without a problem.

I have never had a problem like this before, could someone please shed some light. I am not sure whether it's the rims or tyres or the inserts that's given me this out come.

I have always used Zap glue with small wrist bands (Yellow Lance Armstrong bands) along with extra rubber bands to ensure maximum tension and leave my tyres to set overnight.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Looks like an 83mm tire on a 82mm rim to me. Kinda like Losi tires only fit right on Losi rims. If you put a Losi tire on a different rim it looks like your pics

You'll have to use Losi, AE, or VP PRO, I would suggest the VP ones
Old 05-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

you should use the VP Pro rims they're lighter stronger and you dont need to lightly sand them to get the glue to take, where as the cobra rims really need a good sanding on the rims tire bead for the glue to hold properly
Old 05-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by slidejob26
Looks like an 83mm tire on a 82mm rim to me. Kinda like Losi tires only fit right on Losi rims. If you put a Losi tire on a different rim it looks like your pics

You'll have to use Losi, AE, or VP PRO, I would suggest the VP ones
I was told they were multi fit, that VP Inserts/Tyres would glue straight on, some how I don't think so.

Originally Posted by RETRO RC
you should use the VP Pro rims they're lighter stronger and you dont need to lightly sand them to get the glue to take, where as the cobra rims really need a good sanding on the rims tire bead for the glue to hold properly

I have heard this from a few racers, they have mentioned that the cobra Rims, are a pain to glue.

Do you guys think I can still use them as they have already been glued? Or do you think that they would balloon and come undone under load/acceleration.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesussaves
I was told they were multi fit, that VP Inserts/Tyres would glue straight on, some how I don't think so.

I have heard this from a few racers, they have mentioned that the cobra Rims, are a pain to glue.

Do you guys think I can still use them as they have already been glued? Or do you think that they would balloon and come undone under load/acceleration.
I have seen Losi tires glued to other rims and they did not stay, I don't think the ones you have will stay on either, sorry.