Community
Wiki Posts
Search

breakin method. Free idle or not???

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Hi guys, do you all think do I need to put after run oil if I using Sidewinder fuel? I worry to let the dirt drop into the engine when open up the glow plug. I dont have air compressor
Old 05-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
we are discussing break in..you dont break in your engine at 300 do you?
No no...not at all. I thought the topic had shifted to temps at race tune. I try to stay around 200 degrees during break in.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

break in test use your method what ever it be and break in your motor then take it apart and see what the piston looks like and the sleeve look like then take pictures. Then the next time you break a new motor in try this way and see which one you think will last longer and hold more compresison alot of methods work for break in but longevity of the motor is what you will get from proper break in so heat motor up to 220 with temp gun start motor keep it running by turning idle up keep motor around 220-230 degrees without over reving should just be a high idle now let it run for 1 whole gallon yes 1 one gallon it takes 4 ever but it works well very well then heat cycle it and go run it befor you run it though take it apart and take pictures then look at your old method pictures and decide for your self.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

I ordered a losi 2.0 rtr that will be here the end of the month, will it be ok to break it in using 20% byron then going to 30% after break in? I ask because i have a new 1/2 gallon of the 20% i need to use up.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

here recently i broke in a bf 21 Nova....did not feel like doing a whole lot of break in so i idled 3 tanks and put it on the track and never looked back....WOT. i normally use a break in bench though.