Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
which motor/servos to get for RC8 buggy? >

which motor/servos to get for RC8 buggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which motor/servos to get for RC8 buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default which motor/servos to get for RC8 buggy?

I just got my RC8 kit finished up, wanting to get the BEST servos and the BEST motor.

Any opinions?
Old 04-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Reedy engine, Factory Team pipe and Associated DS1015 servos, of course!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustinT22
I just got my RC8 kit finished up, wanting to get the BEST servos and the BEST motor.

Any opinions?
what kind of power are you looiking for, for buggy here is what i would research.

Novarossi plus 21-7 FMS, great bottom end power, very easy to tune, and topend for day's

Novarossi Plus 4, great price, very smooth and good top, awesome runtime's.

OS speed, smooth, fast good runtime's. easy to tune.

servo's, 1015
Old 04-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Prophet

its depends on how much u want to spend if u want to go cheaper i would say go with a novarossi .21 bf 3 port i just got one and that thing fells powerful just going 1/4 throttle and its only $179 if u get it i recommend a heat gun cause that engine is tight. for a servo i run a hitec digital servo for my steering and its $56 or a little more i dont belive in spending $100 or more dollars on a servo thats just dumb to me.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Prophet

for throttle i use a futaba diginal servo thats around 90 u want the fast throttle rections in the air to correct your landing.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I ran JR servos 9100s/t all last year and they were ok but since I switched to hitec I love them. 7955 steering and 7965 throttle. They are strong, precise and cost less than the JR. I will never switch back and I thought JR was the best. The futaba bls series are nice and so are the KO line but they are pricey too. I think I will use hitec from now on. Watch out for the AE line of servos they dont last long to abuse. As for an engine the OS speed is one fast engine. You better be a damm good driver to handle all that power. The RB WS7 is a nice buggy engine or the Nova +4. If you want more power from the Nova go with the new Toro. Bottom line is the car will only be as good as the driver. Make sure you carry some spare parts like front and rear arms, shock towers and shock shafts. I race with a guy that has a RC8 and he actually broke a rear shock shaft. He was not driving that hard either, so if the parts support is not strong in your area carry some spare parts.