R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   DX3R vs. 3PK vs. 4PK vs M11 and etc.? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/293492-dx3r-vs-3pk-vs-4pk-vs-m11-etc.html)

aaronmn 04-29-2009 02:01 PM

DX3R vs. 3PK vs. 4PK vs M11 and etc.?

Looking at getting another radio. Currently I have a DX3R and really like the radio. No complaints at all. How do the other radios compare? DX3R doesn't have anti lock. Does it work good on the other systems that have it? Is it a must have?

JAMMINKRAZY 04-29-2009 02:04 PM

SEARCH FEATURE.:nod:

DX3R is great.:nod:

B.A. Racer 04-29-2009 02:32 PM

def the DX3R i love mine!!

cary 04-29-2009 02:39 PM

the futaba 4pk imo is the best but it is bank 3pm is a
good little raido has abs the abs is nice the 4pk
does so much more than most raidos cant beat futaba
thats just me love mine

jrwoodchuck 04-29-2009 02:42 PM

started with a M11, then tried the DX3R, but sold it and bought a M11 fhss. I didn't like the 3R for the same reason everybody likes it. it was too light, it felt like it didn't have "mass". but other than that, it's a fantastic radio. i use a neck strap so the weight of the M11 doesn't bother me. as for anti-lock, i don't use it, and i herd that it eats up servos.

cary 04-29-2009 03:03 PM

the neck strap thing works out grate like jrwoodchuck said
i have just started to use one the last two races and love
it your hands are free to carry things to and from pit lane

JAMMINKRAZY 04-29-2009 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck (Post 5748793)
started with a M11, then tried the DX3R, but sold it and bought a M11 fhss. I didn't like the 3R for the same reason everybody likes it. it was too light, it felt like it didn't have "mass". but other than that, it's a fantastic radio. i use a neck strap so the weight of the M11 doesn't bother me. as for anti-lock, i don't use it, and i herd that it eats up servos.

+1 don't use the anti-lock. I used it once and never noticed the difference. It also does put a lot of stress on your servos. Not really a great feature, atleast for offroad.:nod:

Owen RaCing 04-29-2009 04:16 PM

Dx3r as everybody else said, to lite. Nothing there, feels toyish.

Love the 3pk, want a 4pk or the new m11x

buggydad 04-29-2009 04:36 PM

own a 4pk ,ko Helios and DX2.0 I use a friends DX3r whenever we mess with his drift beater (about 5 hrs totall so far)and my conclusion the Dx3r isn't a high end radio but a cheap radio with allot of high end features and good performance. I really don't want to offend any DX3R owners its just the best way i can put it:nod the plastic is light and it flexes and creaks and the seams:eek: Its worht noteing to potential buyers because the quality can be a little surpriseing.If this is something that you dont mind overlooking its not a bad choice at the price set:nod:
The 4pk is at the top as far as radios goes but as stated that comes with a price.And the Ko is up there to.Good luck on your find

B.A. Racer 04-29-2009 04:41 PM

the DX3R is so far the most reactive radio ive seen ...and for the lightness..it doesnt mean its junk iit just means it light... radios i would use...

DX3R
M11
4pk

But its pretty much all opinion

Ryno RC 04-29-2009 04:42 PM

I have a 3pk and it fits perfectly in my hand. To me that is what is most important. All of these radios are great radios, but comfort is a very big factor for me. Ask around to try holding other people's radios and see how they feel.

jamiekerr14 04-29-2009 04:54 PM

+1 DX3R:nod:

boostfiend 04-29-2009 05:09 PM

Can't say enough good things about the 4pk. Simply amazing radio. Price is only high until you use it. It's quick, light, comfortable and only sips power from the included NiMH. Hook some brushless Futaba servos to it and drive!

Also have owned the 3pk, which is nearly as good as the 4pk. The 4pk IS worth the price difference though.

Finally, chances are you won't be replacing it any time soon either.

dishsoap 04-29-2009 05:47 PM

Airtronics M11. Although it takes a while to figure everything out it is worth it. The best feature for me is that it actually weighs something. I like the heavier radio. Iffeel like I have more control and it dosent feel toyish.

I have only compared it to the spektrum DX 2 though.

dandrat 05-03-2009 10:01 PM

the 3pks has all the features/menu's of the 4pk with less model memory ( 3pks still has more then enough and its expandable). 4pk seems like a waste of money. same thing that looks differant for $150 more